In this page, I’m sharing how to use the new SSS R3 program for 2014, 2015 and 2016 using the new contribution brackets too. Since SSS released the new contribution table for 2014 – 2016, new brackets will also be applied in generating R3 reports or employees contribution reports for employers. The new software is available online for free and you can also get it from the SSS office personally or you can just tweak the old program installed on your computer by adding and updating the library file.
I have successfully generated my R3 for January 2016 and I’m sharing here how I’ve done so.
How to update the R3 File Generator library for the 2016 Contribution Schedule?
SSS has given simple instructions for this but personally I had no successful result. Per SSS instruction,
- Download or copy the library.dat file SSS website or ask SSS office personally
- Go to the image subfolder
- Replace the old library.dat with the newly downloaded file
- Open the program to test if update was successful
I have done the steps 5 times but unfortunately the R3 Java executable Jar file hangs up and freezes every time I do the Employee Record Maintenance File function. So instead, I checked the files saved in my USB given by the very kind SSS employee. She has given me 2 files namely:
- R3 File Gen 2014
- SSS R3FileGenerator 2003-2013
Checking my software in my computer I already had the second program installed. The one I was using last 2013. And I used this for the replacing of library.dat per SSS instructions. Since it didn’t work, I deleted everything in my computer knowing I had the files saved in my USB anyway. I just saved R3 File Gen 2014 file in my computer alone. I opened the R3 Java executable Jar file from it and presto, it was working with the new SSS contributions bracket!
How to use the New SSS R3 Program 2016 Installation
Note that the 2014 software is also the one used for R3 File Gen 2016 software.
- Delete all old R3 files on your computer
- Save R3 File Gen 2014 on your desktop
- Open R3 FileGen 2014 and select the Executable Jar File
- Since this R3 File Gen 2014 has already one SSS detail stored (BRIAN), you have to delete it by:
Go to File Maintenance then to Employee Record Maintenance and delete the old file by entering the SSS number 02-3417027-2. Press delete and you can now start using R3 2016 and print transmittal reports and employee file.
- Enter your SSS details as shown on the screenshots below. Congrats!
2. You can now enter new brackets for the new contributions 2016. Enter employee details and Update them.
3. Inquire Totals once all employees SSS contributions are completely entered.
4. Create SSS Text File.
5. Tick the box if you already paid the SSS contributions for the corresponding month and enter the payment records – date of payment, TR/SBR receipt number and amount of payment for that month. These info will appear on the Transmittal Certificate you will upload on the R3 online or you will submit at SSS.
6. Congratulations!!! You can now print transmittal certificate, employees files and submit them to SSS or upload your R3 file reports online.
Make sure you have the following programs installed on your computer so you can successfully execute and work the new SSS R3 program.
- WinZip or WinRar
Published by Philpad 2016. Article is Copyrighted and cannot be copied.
If you want a copy of the R3 File Gen 2016 I got from the SSS, ADD ME ON Google Plus below and leave me a message there. Happy to share it. THANKS!