The following are the best UITF in the Philippines this 2014. This page includes complete list for equity funds, balanced funds, bond funds and money market funds. I am sharing here the best performing UITF in the recent semester of this year 2014. If you have some Unit Investment Trust Funds, it is important and very helpful to know the most accomplished and best performing funds every now and then. This update will help you to be encouraged and feel more confident about the funds listed in your portfolio as well.
What are UITF?
UITF stands for Unit Investment Trust Funds. They are pooled investments of different funds, companies, corporations, invested and diversified to other investments, stocks, bonds, securities, money market and other funds managed by fund experts and fund professionals.
UITFs are offered by many banks in the country so you can open one by going to the bank or by opening account online. Some banks already have UITF account opening online. PNB is in the lead for this service.
Are Trust Funds only for the rich?
No, darlings. These investments are for everyone. You can actually open a Unit Investment Trust Fund starting at 10,000. Trust Funds are only common for the rich because apparently they’re the one who are very much interested with these funds and the opportunities they could earn. Apparently, only few people spread the news or share info about them, or about investments. If you get to know them better, you’ll be very much interested.
Are UITFs the same as Mutual Funds? To answer that, please read, “Mutual Funds vs UITFs – Similarities and Differences: Advantages and Disadvantages.”
Best UITFs in the Philippines
As of year to date October 21, 2014. Data here will change and update every quarter.
Best UITF Equity Funds in the Philippines
Equity Funds have the highest risk however they also have the highest earning potential. Equity Funds are suitable for aggressive types of investors. These funds are too volatile because they are widely invested in stocks, thus they are also commonly called as stocks funds. To combat the risk of equity funds, investors usually opt for long term investment of their funds.
Best UITF Balanced Funds in the Philippines
UITF Balanced Funds are also invested in equities and to some extent fixed income securities depending on market condition. These funds are suitable for investors with balanced risk appetite.
Best UITF Bond Funds in the Philippines
Bond Funds are invested in short to medium-term bonds and other similar fixed income securities which aim for capital preservation and income generation. These are suitable for investors with moderate-risk appetite.
Best Money Market Funds in the Philippines
Money Market Funds are invested in low-risk fixed income securities and are suitable for conservative types of investors who are looking for safe and liquid investments higher than those of savings and time deposit accounts.
Important things to have before you invest in UITF
- Knowledge – Have enough knowledge about these investments. Know what are UITFs and their pros and cons. Know how would you benefit from them and check the latest fact sheets and performance. No worries, just read them here at Philpad UITF posts.
- Time – time is money and the earlier you invest, the higher you will earn. When is the best time to invest? It’s always now (than never) and when the market is low so you can buy them UNITS or SHARES in lower price.
- Money – how much do you want to invest now and where does this money come from – is it your only savings or is it already reserved as investment? Make sure you have extra money for your necessities.
- Risk Appetite – do you consider yourself aggressive or conservative in terms of taking risks? Remember, all investments have risks. There is no guarantee you will earn money. You might earn profit today, the next day is another story.
- Goal – you should have a target or goal with your investment and stick to it. How long do you plan to put that investment – 1, 3, 5, 10 years?
Knowledge is power. The more you know, the powerful you are. Sharing makes blessings. The more you share this post to others, the more blessings will come your way.