Learn how to invest BDO UITF online in this page. Done are the days that opening UITF were done personally at BDO banks. Now we can invest and open BDO UITF using BDO online banking facility. In this article, I will show you the easiest way on how to enroll your UITF.
BDO UITF (Unit Investment Trust Fund) are one of my favorite investments in the Philippines. One of the reasons why I like UITF is because I don’t need to evaluate the market and the economy to invest my money. UITF are already managed by investment professionals and financial experts so the strategy are already well planned and laid out. Investors will only need to join the Trust Fund to be able to enjoy the benefits and earnings of UITF.
Another reason is that you don’t need much money to open UITF. Some funds allow an initial of 1,000, some 10,000 depending on the type of UITF. See the different types below. If you like to start with 1K or above monthly, you can even do that by opening BDO EIP (Easy Investment Plan).
Most of all, you will earn money from UITF investments. Equity Funds are invested to blue chip companies in the stock market.
What are the Benefits of BDO UITF?
- Higher earning potential than regular savings account or time deposits
- Financial expertise is not much needed since UITF are already managed by experts
- UITF are easy to open
- UITF are easy to monitor
- There are some types of UITF that suit our different risk appetite
- Lower initial amount needed
- No contract or obligation, you can redeem and withdraw at the time you want to
- You will learn more how to invest and how to grow your money
Things you need to consider before opening your UITF:
If you want to start your UITF investment, consider the risks involved. These investments are not savings. They may gain or lose money. However, you can minimize the risks especially if you are investing Equity Funds by investing periodically or monthly and doing it for long term (3-5 years).
Before you invest, follow your Risk appetite and financial goal. Remember, the higher the risk, the higher the earning potential of the Fund.
How to Invest BDO UITF Online
Follow the step by step guide below on how to invest BDO UITF online using your BDO online banking account. If you don’t have an online banking account yet, I suggest you enroll one to easily monitor all your BDO account including savings, time deposits, credit cards, Trust Investments and the like.
- Log in to your BDO Online Banking account
- Select Account Information and select My Trust Account / Invest Online
3. Choose Regular UITF Subscription if you want to make a one-time investment
Choose EIP Contribution if you want to invest monthly or periodically.
4. Select your account either new or add to existing one. Read the Online Facility Service Agreement and understand it
5. Answer the Client Suitability Assessment (remember, there are no wrong answers) and read the documentation to help you understand what kind of investor you are, your risk profile and the suitable UITF for you.
6. You’ll receive an email and confirmation about your BDO UITF.
Types of BDO UITF
- BDO Peso Money Market Fund – for conservative investors
- BDO GS Fund – for conservative investors
- BDO Peso Bond Fund (formerly BDO Peso Fixed Income Fund) – for moderately conservative
- BDO Peso Balanced Fund – in between conservative and aggressive
- BDO Equity Fund – for aggressive investors
- BDO Equity Index Fund – for aggressive investors
- BDO ESG Equity Fund – for aggressive investors
- BDO Sustainable Dividend Fund – for aggressive investors
- BDO Focused Equity Fund – for aggressive investors
Types of BDO UITF under EIP (Easy Investment Plan)
- BDO Peso Bond Fund
- BDO Peso Balanced Fund
- BDO Equity Fund