Updated List of Accredited Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Companies Philippines this 2019. One of the requirements in the application of Schengen visa in the Philippines is the travel and medical insurance. This page displays the complete and updated list of accredited travel insurance companies associated with this special travel visa.
What are the requirements, how much would it cost for this coverage and how to get this document. Let’s proceed..
Embassies like Italy, French Embassy, Switzerland, Norway among others that belong to the 22 European countries and 3 non-European countries require this travel insurance policy so we must process this document before our visa application in the embassy of the country we choose to apply.
Schengen Visa Requirements for Travel Insurance
According to the VFS Global, the medical policies must state the following points:
- Medical attention and treatment will be given in case of illness or accident
- The injured or ill traveler can be transported home for treatment plus and with body repatriation in case of death
- The insurance coverage is at least 30,000 Euros (50,000 USD)
- The insurance must be valid for all 25 Schengen member states which should be listed on the policy
- The insurance company must be re-insured, the name of the re-insurer and his Toll Free phone number must be listed on the policy
- The policy must allow cashless settlements of claims. The name of the company in-charge of such settlements and their toll free number must be clearly stated on the policy
Travel Insurance (Minimum coverage of 30,000 euro with 15 days allowance). Some countries also require additional day-allowance so double-check the requirement from the embassy.
How much is the cost of travel insurance for a Schengen visa in the Philippines?
It depends upon the insurance company you choose but the price of premiums range from 50 Euro to 55 Euro (or 3000 pesos and above) for the P2.5 Million insurance coverage and closer. So prepare P3000 and above for your coverage.
How to apply for this travel insurance document?
If you have an agency that is processing all papers and requirements for you, they can easily get you one together with other groups of travelers.
Insurance policy and certificate is issued once you paid and filled out their application forms. You have to keep that certificate because it is required to submit in the embassy on your application for a Schengen visa.
If you want to get it yourself, you can do so since it’s so easy. Tell the insurance staff or underwriter you need travel insurance for your Schengen visa. They will then give you the forms you need to fill out with your personal information.
Choose the premiums and coverage required by the embassy (ie French Embassy, Spain Embassy, Italian Embassy in Manila etc). If you don’t know the requirement, just choose the minimum coverage listed above which is 30,000 Euros with 15 days allowance (current minimum requirement as I write this page).
List of Accredited Schengen Visa Travel Insurance Companies in the Philippines 2019
The following lists are accredited by the countries under the Schengen visa treaty. You can apply for your travel insurance in any of their office or branch nationwide. I have listed the contact numbers and email addresses, too for your reference.
- ACE Insurance Philippines (Telephone: 849-6057 / 849-6022 ; Website: www.aceinsurance.com.ph)
- Chartis Philippines Insurance, Inc. (tel. 878-5578)
- Assist-Card (assist-card.com)
- BPI – MS Insurance Corporation (www.bpims.com)
- Malayan Insurance Company, Inc. (malayan.com)
- MAPFRE Insular Insurance Corporation (www.mapfreinsular.com)
- Pacific Cross (www.pacificcross.com.ph)
- Paramount Life and General Insurance Co. (www.paramount.com.ph)
- PNB General Insurers Co, Inc. (www.pnbgen.com)
- Standard Insurance Co. (www.standard-insurance.com)
- UCPB General Insurance Co.,Inc. (www.ucpbgen.com)
- WorldWide Travel Insurance Plans (tel: 028904916)
- Everest International Group Administrators, Inc. (tel: 026920835)
- FPG Insurance Co., Inc. (www.fpgins.com)
- Philippine British Assurance Co., Inc. (tel: 8904051 to 57)
- Starr International Insurance Philippines (www.starrcompanies.com)
- Oriental Assurance Corporation (www.oac.com.ph)
- Philippines First Insurance Company (+632 892 888)
- Pioneer Insurance Company (www.pioneer.com.ph)
- Liberty Insurance Corporation (www.libertyinsurance.com.ph)
- QBE Seaboard Insurance Philippine, Inc. (www.qbeap.com)
- Reliance Surety & Insurance Co., Inc. (www.rsi-insure.com)
- Prudential Guarantee PGA Insurance (www.prudentialguarantee.com)
- The Mercantile Insurance Co., Inc. (www.mic.com.ph)
- AXA Philippines (https://axa.com.ph)
If you want to apply and get a Schengen visa approved easily in the Philippines, you can follow the tips in this page: Schengen Visa Requirements for Filipino Citizens