Are you looking for the best pocket wifi in the Philippines in 2020? We listed and compared all the fastest and most reliable pocket wifi you can use in the country.
Sure we can depend on our 4G, LTE, and 5G for smooth and consistent internet connection. However, the disadvantage of using our smart phone as a wifi hotspot is not always a practical and healthy idea.
Whether you are a student, freelancer, traveler, work at home professional, taking online courses, an employee who is always on the go, or a tourist traveling around the Philippines, having a pocket wifi will help you and your gadgets so much to stay online.
What is a Pocket WiFi?
Pocket WiFi is a small portable device that connects one or more gadgets to the internet. Often called Portable Wifi Router, Mobile Wifi, and MiFi, it creates a Wifi access point in any location with cellular network coverage. It converts 3G, 4G, LTE (Long Term Evolution), and 5G signal into a Private Wifi signal.
Why Should You Use a Pocket Wifi?
- Long-lasting battery life than a smartphone
- Small and portable
- It allows multiple devices to connect to the internet
- Affordable internet data usage
- It preserves the phone’s battery
- Steady and fast internet
7 Best Pocket Wifi in the Philippines in 2020 in Terms of Speed Connection
- Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro
- Netgear Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Wifi Wireless Router
- TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi (M7650)
- Alcatel Linkzone 4G LTE Cat4 Mobile Wifi
- ZTE LTE Wireless Pocket Wifi (MF920T)
- Smart Bro LTE-Advanced Pocket Wifi
- Globe LTE Mobile Wifi
1. Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro
Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro is the fastest pocket wifi in the Philippines because it provides an ultra-fast 5G network. This 5G pocket wifi is perfect for 4K HD live streaming, seamless gaming experience, and live drone footage videos.
This pocket wifi is also called as Huawei 5G Mifi by many users and also considered as the best LTE pocket wifi in the Philippines. It was released recently, in the middle of 2020. It is blazing fast, however, kind of expensive, according to many users.
Fortunately, many companies in the country gave away some units of Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro to their employees working from home to ensure fast and consistent internet connection.
It is definitely the leader in terms of 5G technology for mobile wifi devices. With that achievement, Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi is currently the best 5G pocket wifi in the Philippines.
Price: P21,000 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 16 devices
Battery Life: Fast Charging, 8000mAh
Speed: Up to 1.65Gbps
Where to buy: Amazon, Lazada, Shopee
How to Connect Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro in the Philippines?
- Buy a 5G Nano Sim Card (Smart 5G-Ready Sim is recommended in the Philippines)
- Insert your nano sim at the Sim Card Slot
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds to turn on the device
- Connect your phone or computer to Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro (there is no password during initial set up)
How to Change Huawei 5G Mobile Pro Username and Password?
- Open browser and type in 192.168.8.1
- Set your WLAN Username and Password
- Click NEXT
- Re-connect to your wifi using new log in credentials
2. Netgear Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Wifi Wireless Router
Netgear Nighthawk M1 is providing uninterrupted HD streaming, video calls, gaming, and media sharing experience. This unlocked version of mobile wifi can be used anywhere in the world, including the Philippines.
Its max speed is 1Gbps for download and 150Mbps for upload. We like its edgy screen display showing us data usage, signal strength, and network management. Similarly, its intuitive app provides the user with the same control.
Netgear Nighthawk M1 is actually the world’s first commercial gigabit-class LTE mobile hotspot router to achieve maximum download speed of 1Gbps and upload speed of 150 Mbps. Its carrier aggregation technology is four times faster than other devices when it was first introduced.
The price range is around P16,630, but you’ll get what you pay for. It’s all worth it, especially if you are a globetrotter because you can use this mobile hotspot anywhere in the world. Just insert a local sim card in the country where you’re traveling.
It does a great job of letting us connect to the internet with 20 devices linked simultaneously. It’s a huge advantage when you have a different set of gadgets always connected to the web at the same time or when you’re always with your big squad.
Price: P16,630 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 20 devices
Battery Life: Up to 24 hours
Speed: Up to 1Gbps
Where to buy: Amazon and Lazada
How to Connect Netgear Nighthawk M1 Wireless Router in the Philippines?
- Install the NETGEAR Mobile App
- Launch the app
- The app will prompt you to change the admin password and to change the Wifi name and Wifi password (default admin password is “attadmin“)
- Follow the onscreen procedure to set up the Nighthawk router
How to Change Netgear Nighthawk M1 Wireless Router Username and Password?
The quick set up configuration of Netgear Nighthawk M1 wireless router using NETGEAR app will let you change your admin username and password. If you want to change your log in credentials again, follow the steps below.
- Launch your web browser
- Enter http://attwifimanager or http://192.168.1.1
- Enter username and password (default is “attadmin”)
- Go to Settings, then Administration
- Select Set Password
- Fill out the requested field
- Enter your new password
3. TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi (M7650)
TP-Link LTE -Advanced Mobile Wifi M7650 is the fastest portable wifi in the house of famous router maker, TP-Link. It provides as much as 600Mbps download and 50Mbps upload speeds. It can accommodate up to 32 devices connected simultaneously.
TP-Link is a trusted brand. It is consistently ranked as the Number 1 provider of WiFi devices, providing networking gadgets and internet accessories serving billions of people worldwide.
TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi M7650 also has Carrier Aggregation, a cutting-edge feature that merges fragmented connection to enhance and boost 4G speeds of up to 600Mbps.
Another benefit of this TP-Link pocket wifi is its neat and straightforward screen and menu. It’s easy to navigate, and it displays all the essential information you need.
That includes Power Saving, WPS, Wifi signal, Network Mode, App Download, and Data Roaming, so you always maintain your internet budget and avoid exceeding your monthly data cap.
It’s also worth mentioning that it comes with a tpMifi App, which allows easy management of your connection and pocket wifi usage.
Price: P6,350 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 32 devices
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours
Speed: Up to 600Mbps
Where to buy: Amazon, Lazada, Shopee, Silicon Valley
How to Connect TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi M7650 in the Philippines?
- Buy an LTE Sim Card (Smart or Globe Nano Sim)
- Press and hold the Power button until the welcome screen appears
- Connect TP-link mobile wifi to your computer using the provided USB cable
- Pocket Wifi Software will install automatically
- View SSID and password by pressing the Menu button and select Device Info, then press the Power button to enter the screen
How to Change TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi Password?
- Download tpMiFi app from the Appstore or Google Play, or by scanning the QR code
- Connect your wireless device to TP-Link pocket Wifi
- Launch tpMifi and enter admin to log in
- Change the default username and password
4. Alcatel Linkzone 4G LTE Cat4 Mobile Wifi
This ultra-thin pocket wifi truly fits in your pocket. Alcatel Linkzone 4G LTE Mobile Wifi is GSM unlocked, meaning you can use it anywhere in the world, not just in the Philippines. Just use a local GSM sim card when you travel abroad.
It’s very convenient to manage this pocket wifi using its nifty app (LINK App) that lets you control how you share your mobile hotspot, data usage, and settings. You can enjoy a peak of 150Mbps for download speed and 50Mbps for upload speed.
Price: P4,700 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 14 devices
Battery Life: Up to 7 hours
Speed: Up to 150Mbps
Where to buy: Amazon
How to Connect Alcatel Linkzone Mobile Wifi in the Philippines?
- Power on your pocket wifi
- On your computer or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available wifi networks and select the network name (SSID) located on the label on the back panel of your mobile hotspot
- Enter password (found at the back panel)
How to Change Alcatel Linkzone Mobile Wifi Password?
- Open your browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar
- Enter the default password “admin“
- Navigate to Settings
- Select the Device Settings tab
- Under Account Management, update your password
- Click Apply
5. ZTE LTE Wireless Pocket Wifi (MF920T)
ZTE 4G LTE Wireless Pocket Wifi is a very affordable mobile hotspot device providing up to 150Mbps download speed and up to 50 Mbps upload speed. It allows ten devices to connect to your mobile wifi.
Price: P2,890 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 10 devices
Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
Speed: Up to 150Mbps
Where to buy: Lazada, Shopee, Villman
How to Connect ZTE LTE Wireless Pocket Wifi in the Philippines?
- Connect your ZTE pocket wifi to your computer using the USB cable
- Power on your ZTE device
- The operating system will detect and automatically install the software
- Wait until the computer is connected to your ZTE device successfully
How to Change ZTE Pocket Wifi Password?
- Launch your internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1
- Enter the default username and password
- Select Wifi Settings
- Change Network Name (SSID) and Password
- Then Apply changes
6. Smart Bro LTE-Advanced Pocket Wifi
Smart Bro LTE-A Pocket Wifi is the latest, fastest, and the freshest face of Smart Bro Pocket Wifi lineup. It comes with a more advanced feature as it doubles the speed of the previous version or the regular LTE pocket wifi.
We also consider this as one the most affordable travel pocket wifi in the Philippines. Smart has broader coverage than any other network in the country. Suppose you are a local or foreign tourist. In that case, this device will definitely give you a consistent web signal because it combines multiple signals from different cell sites to boost data connection.
Smart Bro LTE-Advanced Pocket Wifi is available for a cheap price of P1,995 for prepaid users. Besides, you’ll get a free 15GB or 1GB/day if you availed the one-time purchase or the prepaid pocket wifi bundle.
Another affordable way to get this pocket wifi is by availing the 12-month contract of paying P699 per month. This Smart Bro plan comes with a monthly open access data allocation ranging from 6GB to 15GB to cover all online activities.
It’s also worth remembering that unused data from the previous month shall be carried over to the next month. This device comes with a free 5G-ready Sim card, too. Yay!
Price: P1,995 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 10 devices
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours for a single user
Speed: Up to 42Mbps
Where to buy: Official Smart webpage, Shopee, Lazada, and Smart Stores nationwide
How to Connect Smart Bro LTE-Advanced Pocket Wifi?
- Insert your Smart 5G-ready Sim card to the card slot
- Power on your pocket wifi by charging it using the provided USB cable and adaptor
- Once on, your pocket wifi will automatically connect to the network
- Change the default Smart Bro admin username and password by going to Smart Bro Admin portal
How to Change Smart Bro Pocket Wifi Username and Password?
Smart LTE-A pocket wifi has no official app linked to the device, so you have to access or log in on your Smart online account portal (Smart Web Dashboard) to tweak your settings. That includes changing your username and password.
7. Globe LTE Mobile Wifi
Globe LTE Mobile Wifi is the latest pocket wifi from Globe, one of the Philippines’ largest networks. It promises uninterrupted internet surfing, streaming, and mobile gaming experience with a constant 42 Mbps speed.
This pocket wifi from Globe can also connect up to 10 gadgets at the same time. It comes with a free GoWatch 399 (10GB video streaming valid for 30 days). It’s good to note that you’ll also get ten months service warranty for this device.
This internet hotspot is the cheapest pocket wifi in the Philippines in 2020 that decently maintains a steady connection. Although it’s not specifically 5G ready, we know for sure Globe will release their 5G version of their pocket wifi.
Get most of your data usage by availing the best pocket wifi plan in the Philippines. Globe offers affordable mobile internet plans for prepaid and postpaid users. Choose the amount of load that suits your budget and needs.
Price: P999 (one-time purchase)
Connectivity: Up to 10 devices
Battery Life: 5 hours
Speed: Up to 42Mbps
Where to buy: Official Globe webpage, Shopee, Lazada, and Globe Stores nationwide
How to Connect Globe LTE Mobile Wifi?
- Insert the Globe Sim Card included from the package
- Turn on your Globe LTE pocket wifi
- Connect your new wifi by typing SSID and password (info found at the back of the device)
How to Change Globe LTE Mobile Wifi Username and Password?
- Open your web browser
- Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1 on the address bar
- Type the default is admin, “admin” for both username and password
- Go to Advanced Settings or WLAN settings
- Type your preferred username and password
- Apply changes
Pocket Wifi Comparison in Terms of Speed and Price – Philippines
|Pocket WiFi||Download Speed||Connectivity||Price Range|
|Huawei 5G Mobile Wifi Pro||1.65 Gbps||16 devices||P21,000|
|Netgear Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Wifi Wireless Router||1 Gbps||20 devices||P16,630|
|TP-Link LTE-Advanced Mobile Wifi (M7650)||600 Mbps||32 devices||P6,350|
|Alcatel Linkzone 4G LTE Mobile Wifi||150 Mbps||14 devices||P4,700|
|ZTE LTE Wireless Pocket Wifi (MF920T)||150 Mbps||10 devices||P2,890|
|Smart Bro LTE-Advanced Pocket Wifi||42 Mbps||10 devices||P1,995|
|Globe LTE Mobile Wifi||42 Mbps||10 devices||P999|
The best pocket wifi in the Philippines still depends upon your budget and needs. If you’re not into video streaming, conference calls, and online presentations, perhaps the last two options can suit your basic internet needs.
Otherwise, chose any of the first four available pocket wifi devices and the best pocket wifi plans if you’re always on the go and if you highly prefer uninterrupted internet connection.