How to get Senior Citizen’s ID in the Philippines – Requirements, Benefits and Discounts

Once you reached the age of 60, one of the things you must have is the Senior Citizen’s ID to enjoy all the benefits of having one. How to get it and what are the requirements? Simply prepare the things listed below as you read on…

Once you reached 60, that means you probably are so wealthy – wealthy of love, family, career fulfillment and experiences in life. You maybe retiring too. Rewards from your hard work in the past will be given to you like your retirement pension and benefits. Although those mentioned things could also be attained earlier than 60. If you’re lucky and wiser, you can also have them at twenty-something. :)

present your Senior Citizen’s ID to get discounts to the benefits under RA 9257

One thing people couldn’t have before 60 is the Senior Citizen’s ID. If you’re 60 and above and you still don’t have this ID, well you must get one now because you deserve it and all the benefits our government is offering you. The advantages of having a SC ID are below:

Senior Citizen’s ID Benefits

  • This ID is considered as one of the acceptable government IDs in the Philippines so you can use it in transacting with government agencies and offices nationwide including banks
  • You can use this in getting other IDs like passport, SSS ID card, Philhealth, GSIS ecard and many more
  • Most importantly, having the Senior Citizen’s ID is your main identification and proof that you are already a Filipino senior citizen
  • You will be having the Benefits of Senior Citizens under the Republic Act 9257 or Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003
  • You will be given discounts as much as 20% and VAT (value-added-tax) exemption to all establishments like fastfood chains, restaurants, hotels, department stores, medicine stores, and even fare to PUV (public utility vehicles), LRT, MRT, PNR, taxis, domestic air transport and sea transport.
  • 20% discounts to professional fees in all private hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care services, and medical facilities.
  • 20% discounts on medical and dental services, diagnostic and laboratory fees in all private hospitals and medical failities
  • 20% discounts on admission fees by theaters, cinemas, concerts and amusement
  • 20% discount on funeral services for the death of the senior citizen
  • 5% discount for public utility bills such as water and electricity

Requirements in Getting Senior Citizen’s ID

  • Birth Certificate
  • 1X1 colored photo (latest)
  • Valid ID

Steps and Procedures in getting your Senior Citizen’s ID

Just go to your Municipal’s Office of the Senior Citizens Affair and apply for an ID. Please ask someone from your kin – your “apo” or your son or daughter to accompany you. The staff will just fill the card with your personal info like complete name, birth date and address. They will also ask you to sign the ID. Double check if the details are all correct and make sure your signature is the same as the signatures you use to your other IDs.

That’s it, you’re done. You can then enjoy all the rewards of being a senior citizen in the Philippines.


  1. Airize says

    Bakit po natanggal LOLA ko po sa pension ng SENIOR CITIZEN ? 83yrs. old na po sya tska tinanggal po sya . Ano po dapat naming gawin ?

  2. Oxen Piscean says

    Hello po itatanong ko lang kung ano pa ang pwedeng i-submit na requirement bukod sa birth certificate hindi ko kasi maikuha ang parents ko ng NSO birth certificate, ang mother(65) ko ay ipinanganak sa Camarines Sur at ang father(67) ko naman ay sa Samar hindi nila alam ang mga middle name ng tatay nila kaya nahihirapan kaming kumuha sa NSO, pareho silang hindi nakapag-aral at malalayo din ang kanilang mga relatives para mapakisuyuan sa bayan nila. dito kasi kami nakatira sa Laguna mahirap lang ang aming pamilya kaya napalaking bagay para sa aking mga magulang ang ibinibigay na benefits para sa mga Senior Citizens…salamat po

    • Fehl says

      Try nyo po magask assistance sa Mayor ng inyong probinsiya and sa Local Civil Registrar regarding the Birth certificate

  3. Evangeline Flores-Ortiz says

    My father is 96 years old and a resident of Taguig for many years now since i am rhe one caring fir him (he is formerly from Villamor Air Base, Pasay City). His intake is now limited to soft and easy to bite food. So i have to purchase only the soft bread, oatmeal, lugaw and other foods for his nutrient; the bakeshops of my choice are Bread Talk ang Tuos L’ jour where the bread are soft, delicious and nutritious (i think since most are fruit-filled). However, since January 2015, these (and other bakeshops, restaurants along Glorietta and Market, Market (which are near my resident) NO LONGER HONOR Authorization and Senior ID. These establishments REQUIRE me to bring the SENIOR CITIZEN himself. Take note my father is 96, no longer fit to travel, much more walk (i do not own a car) and more succeptible to germs and diseases. I’d like to know if these establishments are right in denying me and my father his rights per the senior citizen’s rules and regulations.

    • Fehl says

      I suggest you approach Taguig’s Office of the Senior Citizen for this matter to easily settle the issue. They know the real deal with it and the possible reasons and solutions regarding the establishments mentioned. God bless!

  4. gerald says

    With the recent signing,

    President Benigno Aquino III signed Republic Act (RA) 10645 on November 5, amending RA 9994 or the Expanded Senior Citizens’ Act of 2010 by removing the qualification that a senior citizen has to be an indigent before being covered by PhilHealth.

    Is the Seniors Card now available for expats/foreigners who hold an ACR-1 card?

  5. Gem says

    My mother in law is 78 years old but she never worked before and doesn’t have any source of
    income. Is it true that there’s a contribution for SC?

      • Gem says

        It’s for purchase card? I guess to get the discount for medicine. She lives in Olongapo City so hindi ko lang alam na kung may pagkakaiba ba. Kasi may mga kakilala rin ako na ang sabi nila kumukuha lang sila ng booklet sa City Hall to get discount for medicine and grocery.

  6. avice tong says

    i sent my required documents to our barangay 294 kagawad, and its been 2 months now. i havent receive my senior card yet. Where can i file my complain for this? Thank you

    • Fehl says

      Yes, if there is a space provided for the thumb mark option. If there is no space for that, ask the officer who are assisting your grandma for the needed form

  7. Chris says

    Hi, this is Chris, and I’m currently working at a well known fast-casual restaurant, and I observed that the senior citizen’s privilege is often abused, is it possible that a discounted product will be discounted again using their ID, and the senior citizen’s discount will also be used for group meals?

  8. azil says

    Hi. Ask ko lang since you mentioned na automatic na sa seniors and mom is about to file for her seniors id, she is already a voluntary member of philhealth, since she is now a senior citizen, can she be lifetime member of philhealth instead of a voluntary member so there ia no need to pay for monthy contributions? Thank you.

    • Fehl says

      Yes, if she is officially a senior citizen. The senior citizen’s office in every municipality give the required forms and can assist her registration for that.

  9. Rein says

    My Lola is registered as Senior Citizen (w/ ID card, lost booklet) at Pasay City. But we already transferred here at Bacoor, Cavite since April of 2006. Is it possible if I register or transfer her here in Cavite so that she can avail of better senior benefits here in Cavite? Thanks in advance.

  10. nhing says

    Na sa manila na po mother ko nakatira at hnd sya na bigyan ng booklet sa bikol. Can she avail it sa municipality where she is staying now? Thanks for u r kind reply.

  11. Chezyl says

    Simple lang ng requirements nakalagay dyan, bakit dito napaka complicated po sa Cebu City, kailangan ng Voters ID, Barangay Clearance at cedula. Hindi ba pwede yang nalang valid ID, birthcrtfcate at picture!?

  12. Precy Mabazza says

    Next week po ay 60 yrs old na ako,excited po ako makakuha ng id para maka avail ng mga discounts especially sa mga medicines,dami po ako binibiling meds,pag nag apply po ba ako ng sc card kasama na yung booklet na susulatan ng dr ng mga meds ko?kung hindi po,saan po ako kukuha ng booklet?thanks and good day..

    • Fehl says

      Yes, they will also issue you the booklet. Senior Citizen Office will also give you Philhealth form you need to fill up because all senior citizens can now enjoy Philhealth benefits as well

  13. Teresita Tinangay says

    Would like to ask if the Senior Citizen Privilege is for Filipino Citizen only if that is so WHY YANNI I. HADJIYANNKIS an Australian Ciiizen who come and go to Davao City is holding a Philippiine Senior Citizen car . Rosita Basilio too k this card for him Please check , I will make complain Directly becaus my friend was not able to have pne since she lives abroad. thanks

    • Fehl says

      As far as I know, it’s only for Filipino Citizens, yes. If you want to file a report, you can go directly to the Senior Citizens Office near you. God bless!

    • gerald says

      Because as usual, here in the Philippines. No one really knows the rules, even those in the offices doing the jobs. So its just the luck of the draw as to each individual outcome.

  14. Lilibeth Mansibang says

    tanong ko lang po sana kung pano po pagkuha ng replace ng lost SC ID,may bbyaran pa po ba?nasnatch po kasi bag ni nanay pag uwi nya Isabela.ty po.HNY

    • Fehl says

      Go to the Office of the Senior Citizens and file a replacement of ID due to loss one. You might need to show Affidavit of Loss

  15. Ara says

    Good evening po, may bayad po ba pagkuha ng senior citizen ID? Sa bonggao tawi-tawi po hiningian ang mama ko ng 350 for donation daw. Para ma signan daw ng major yung ID. Thank you po.

  16. jay says

    My mother filed for senior citizen id last august, dec n wla pa rin. She always follow up in our Municipal Senior Citizen Office but they keep telling us that it will be delivered soon. Aside of this office saan pa kami pwedeng mag follow up. My mother really need it since she has maintenance medicine for her diabetis and highblood. Ganon ba tlga to kbagal? Dapat mabigay to agad kasi most of senior citizen have short life anymore. Anong klaseng sistema meron ba mga tao department n yan?

  17. sheila says

    hi, good day.. just want to ask something ang po, yung kapatid ko po kasi, cya yun pumirma sa senior citizen id ng mama ko, pwede po ba akong makahingi ulit ng another senior citizen id? salamat po ng marami.. ingat lagi.

  18. concerned citizen says

    Good day! i want to ask if a senior citizen already registered to a certain municipality can be allowed to transfer his/her registration(or membership) to another city to avail of better benefits?
    Thanks and more power.

  19. Cherryl says

    hi thanks for ur post.@my question is pwede ba maka apply ng sc id kahit saan municipality? na hospital kasi tiyohin ko dito sa cebu and we are from leyte. kaka 60 lang din nya. Thanks po

    • Fehl says

      I don’t know if it’s allowed on other Municipalities because the senior citizen can be verified easily if he/she applied in his/her own municipality.

  20. cherry says

    Hi, ask ko lang how to identify real and fake senior id. . May website ba to check ung id number ng senior if its valid? Thx

    • Fehl says

      Unfortunately, there is no online service for that yet. If you want to check the senior’s ID, go to the Office of the Senior Citizen’s in the municipal office where it was issued and verify its validity.

  21. mike says

    anong mabigat na parusa sa ngabugbug sa tatay ko na 77 years old na napagkamalan na walan ng malay kc binugbug ng 31 years old na lalaki?

    • Fehl says

      I think physical injury and some other cases. You need to ask your lawyer and tell what happened so you know the cases you can file. It depends upon what happened and all the angles of the crime done

  22. syesha30 says

    Pwd bng mag apply ung mother k ng sc pero wala po cyang bcertfcate no record po cya s nso nagpunta nmn cya s ilo ilo municipality hnd cya nka register hnggng s nka uwi n cya d2 s manila hnd n ya n asikaso.tsaka hnd dn cla kasal ng father k kya wla cyang valid id paano kya un makapag apply kya kmi ng sc para s knya?

    • Fehl says

      Go to the LCR Municipality where your mom was born and request for late registration of her Birth Certificate. Kailangan ang Birth Certificate kahit saan opisina kaya important ito

  23. EA Dignos says

    I went to Antipolo City Office of the Senior Citizens Affair last July 10, 2014 to apply a Senior Citizen’s ID. After accomplishing all the requirements i was told to just wait for their call so i can claim my ID. The reason for this is THEY RUNS OUT OF ID CARDS. I hope i can get my ID card this year 2014………….

  24. myra says

    Tanong ko lang my binabayaran ba ang senior na worth of 3000 kase samin hinihngan cla ng ganong halaga kaya un pina stop ko na sila pagvsali sa senior

    • Fehl says

      I don’t know Seniors pay that amount. I wonder for what purpose? Do they issue Official Receipt bearing the Office of the Senior Citizen seal?

  25. tj enriquez says

    hi would like to ask is it possible for me to process my dad’s application with his authorization consent or he really need to go there and apply himself


    sc na ako., last nite June 9, 2014 bumili ako ng gamot branded zithromax gawa ng pfizer it cost me 148 ang isa kahit anong paliwanag ko ayaw akong bigyan ng sc discount which is my right, sbi ko oh sige basta ilagay mo sa resibo ko di mo ako binigyan ng discount of which she did. ang botika is owned by rosalinda saw ong here at vicas caloocan north, ano na dapat na next step para maparusahan sila

    • Fehl says

      Report at the Senior Citizen’s Office in your Municipal Office they will gladly assist you about the complaint

      • winnie haber says

        yes man ganun din po yung mother ko hindi sya binigyan ng discount dahil wala pong maipakita ang mother ko na hinihingi nilang booklet kahit na may id senior citezen na ipinakita sa tindera ng pharmacy hindi lang daw ang id ang kailangan pati na rin daw po yung booklet ano po ba ang dapat gawin

  27. Leonard Loh says

    I am a Malaysian married to Filipina. I am already coming to 61. Do I qualify to apply for Senior Citizen ID and books?

  28. alvin says

    father ko is 60 napo before we are leaving at manila lhat po ng id nya manila but now nsa pampanga na kami ..san kami pupuntang municipality??manila pampanga na??slamat…

  29. felix alburo says

    Sa municipyo ng Taguig may dagdag pa na requirement, barangay clearance, voters ID or comelec certificate, and marriage contract. Sa barangay clearance lang bayad ka ng 50.00 pesos sa comelec clearance 75.00 tapos walang resibo…..hay naku…grabe

  30. Nora Frey says

    I have dual citizenship fil/American.i heard that I have to stay here in PI for 6 mos before I can this true?i stayed 2mos.early this year and staying 4 mos this time around.will that qualify me?

    Thanks for your reply.

  31. Mary Grace Janobas says

    I would like to ask how to change the address on may husbands card….
    He is in the hospital and can not go there….Can I do this for him ?
    Where is the office located in Cagayan de Oro City ????

  32. ric says

    I’m a resident of San Jose Del Monte Bulacan and they require too many requirements I.e. to get an SC ID
    More than you stated including barangay clearance and community tax certificate. Are they prescribed requirements by law or they vary from municipalities? Can I get one from other municipality with the requirements you stated?

  33. vin says

    Yung mommy ko nagpupurchase ng mga bake goods sa goldilocks at edna bakeshop dito sa cabanatuan nueva ecija. Ayaw ihonor senior citizens card niya. And loaf bread lang daw.pwede. Tama ba ginagawa nila?

  34. Fatima says

    Paano po kung, wala pong birth certificate?. kasi wala pong birth certificate yung lola ko, gusto ko sna syang ikuha ng senior citizen ID. ndi rin sya dtio pinanganak sa manila sa probinsya.

  35. nambra says

    wala pong birth certficate ang lola q,,..mga valid id’s lng po like voters id,dswd,barangay id philhealth, pwde po un na lng ang i submit khit wala ng birth crtfc8?

    • says

      Try it maybe (just maybe) they would consider if you’ll provide enough supporting documents like you’ve mentioned. Have a great day!

      • Jose Razel A. Laurente says

        Good Evening Ms.Marifel Dungo

        tanong lang po mam, sa senior citizen requirements.kailangan kasi nang birth certificate.wala akong bc since birth.illegitimate child po ako.nag attempt akong mag late registration sa Ormoc City,leyte.kaso di nag acknowledge ang erpat ko .kasi pagsimulan daw nang away sa ligetimate na anak niya.paro taga lapu lapu city napo ako ngayun..nag punta lang po ako sa leyte para mag pa sign nang late registration sa erpat ko.di pumerma erpat ko.hassle talaga..gastos..walang nangyare..tanong ko..ok lang ba gamitin ang baptismal certificate?miron den ako sss id,tin,philhealth ,Pag ibig id,18 yrs na akong sss member .malaki nang na contribute ko.meron den akong drivers license,voters id,married contract,pag ibig loyalty id,mostly sa mga id may date of birth..pakitulong po…i need you reply..

        salamat god bless

        Jose Razel A. Laurente

        • Fehl says

          Wow, complete ka naman sa mga major IDs but not NSO BC. Maybe they can consider your application. Just explain them your situation and tell them you are willing to submit all your government IDs

  36. Elvie says

    Nawala po ang Senior Citizens ID ng lola ko na snatch ang kanyang bag at nkasama ang kanyang mga ID. Pumunta po kami sa OSCA office ng Malolos, Bulacan, Pinagbabayad po kmi ng 100 pesos penalty daw po dahil sa pagkawala. Kailangan po ba talaga kami magbayad?

  37. vina says


  38. Madz Gob says

    Hi, my mom is from the province and she’s not NSO registered, their local municipal in bicol had a fire so all the records were burnt, in short she doesn’t have a Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate.
    Can she still apply for SC ID using marriage certificate or using other government ID instead (voter’s ID)?

  39. Arlene says

    Question po.. What if ako n anak lng po ang kkuha ng senior citizen pra s mom ko ok lng po b yun?tnx

  40. Michelle P. Oliva says

    20% discount plus 12%VAT meaning the Senior Citizens will get 32% discount all in all?

  41. 0livia antolin says

    aside frrom senior citizen’s card, is there any other valid ids that can be use to avail of the 20% discount? or as a replacement for senior citizens card?

    • trisha says

      5.5 IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT – refers to any document or proof of being a senior citizen which may be used for the availment of benefits and privileges under the Act and its Rules. It shall be any of the following:

      a) Senior Citizens’ Identification Card issued by the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) in the city or municipality where the elderly resides;

      b) The Philippine passport of the elderly person or senior citizen concerned; and

      c) Other valid documents that establish the senior citizen or elderly person as a citizen of the Republic and at least sixty (60) years of age, which shall include but not be limited to the following government-issued identification documents indicating an elderly’s birthdate or age: driver’s license, voters ID, SSS/GSIS ID, PRC card, postal ID.

  42. Claire says

    If my mother is unable to go to the municipal hall, can I get the form/ID, bring it home for her to sign and return to the municipal hall and have it processed? Is there an amount we need to pay for the processing?

    • olivia a. corsino says

      pwde bang gamitin ang licence or any other valid ids as replacement for senior citezen card to avail of the 20% discount?

  43. BING says


  44. Gabriel Aquino says

    nawala opo yun ID ng Nanay ko at gusto ko po sana makakuha ng panibagong id. Saan at anu ano ang kailangan para po ako makakuha. 84 na po sya at baka mahirapan humarap sa agensya. Pwede po ba ako lang ang kumuha? Slamat.

    • says

      Just go to the Senior Citizens Office in your Municpality where she got the ID. They will happily assist you for an ID replacement. Juts bring valid ID of your Mom and birth certificate. Or if she had kept a photocopy of her senior citizen’s ID, that would also help.

Leave a Comment: