Update about how to get Senior Citizens ID in the Philippines. Once you reached the age of 60, one of the things you must have is the Senior Citizen’s ID to enjoy all the benefits of having one. How to get it and what are the requirements? Simply prepare the things listed below as you read on…
Once you reached 60, that means you probably are so wealthy – wealthy of love, family, career fulfillment and experiences in life. You maybe retiring too. Rewards from your hard work in the past will be given to you like your retirement pension and benefits. Although those mentioned things could also be attained earlier than 60. If you’re lucky and wiser, you can also have them at twenty-something. 🙂
One thing people couldn’t have before 60 is the Senior Citizen’s ID. If you’re 60 and above and you still don’t have this ID, well you must get one now because you deserve it and all the benefits our government is offering you. The advantages of having a Senior Citizens ID are listed below:
Senior Citizen’s ID Benefits
- This ID is considered as one of the acceptable government IDs in the Philippines so you can use it in transacting with government agencies and offices nationwide including banks
- You can use this in getting other IDs like passport, SSS ID card, Philhealth, GSIS ecard and many more
- Most importantly, having the Senior Citizen’s ID is your main identification and proof that you are already a Filipino senior citizen
- You will be having the Benefits of Senior Citizens under the Republic Act 9257 or Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003
- You will be given discounts as much as 20% and VAT (value-added-tax) exemption to all establishments like fastfood chains, restaurants, hotels, department stores, medicine stores, and even fare to PUV (public utility vehicles), LRT, MRT, PNR, taxis, domestic air transport and sea transport.
- 20% discounts to professional fees in all private hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health care services, and medical facilities.
- 20% discounts on medical and dental services, diagnostic and laboratory fees in all private hospitals and medical failities
- 20% discounts on admission fees by theaters, cinemas, concerts and amusement
- 20% discount on funeral services for the death of the senior citizen
- 5% discount for public utility bills such as water and electricity
Requirements in Getting Senior Citizens ID
- Birth Certificate
- 1X1 colored photo (latest)
- Valid ID
Steps and Procedures in getting your Senior Citizen’s ID
Just go to your Municipal’s Office of the Senior Citizens Affair and apply for an ID. Please ask someone from your kin – your “apo” or your son or daughter to accompany you. The staff will just fill the card with your personal info like complete name, birth date and address.
They will also ask you to sign the ID. Double check if the details are all correct and make sure your signature is the same as the signatures you use to your other IDs.
That’s it, you’re done applying for senior citizen ID card. You can now enjoy all the rewards and privileges of being a senior citizen in the Philippines.