This is how to get bank certificate in BDO for visa application. Recently, I got my BDO bank certificate for my Japan tourist visa application. I successfully got approved and I luckily got a multiple entry visa. In case you want to know how, here’s the post on “How I got my Japan Multiple Entry Visa in One Shot.”
Bank Certificates are one of the major requirements for visa applications to many embassies and consulate offices. These certificates add and support proof that the visa applicant has financial capacity to afford his or her trip in a certain country he or she wishes to travel and visit. The Bank Certificate itself certifies that the applicant has a certain account on that bank with a remaining balance as of date. Usually, the more money you have on that account, the better.
Bank Certificate is different with Bank Statement though. The latter shows your Statement of Account in a certain period. Embassies usually request the latest 6 months’ bank statement. Bank Statement shows account history and transactions. In other words, it shows the debits and credits on your account on a certain period.
How to Get Bank Certificate in BDO for Visa Application Purposes
- Go to the BDO branch where you opened your account.
- Tell the banker you will request for Bank Certificate. The bank staff then will give you a form you need to fill out. You need to provide details like your Account Name, Account Number, Amount (if applicable), Addressee (eg: Japan Embassy) Address, Date to be Certified, Purpose, and any additional information you want to provide.
- Double check the details on the form before you submit it to the bank staff.
- Pay for the Application Fee. I paid P100.
- BDO usually release bank certificate the next day after you applied for it.
BDO Bank Certificate Sample
BDO bank certificate is very simple and I like it. Less is more. It is straightforward. It just shows the type of account, the account number, account balance as of date. The certificate is addressed to the specific embassy you provided on the application form and it is signed by both the BDO branch head and the marketing officer. At the side is a printed complete digit of your total money as of date. Like I said, the more figures, the better.
Embassies usually prefer original bank certificates, not the photocopy ones. No worries about this for you can request another one any time you will need them or any time you will apply for another visa.