The latest procedures and requirements on how to renew passport in the Philippines this 2019, list of fees and cost of renewing passports are in this page, too. Renewing passport here is easier and faster. Unlike before, we have to wait for many weeks to receive our Philippine passport.
The new Philippine passport is called ePassport, shortcut for electronic passport as it contains electronic information of the passport holder including biometrics and digital signature. The DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) requires everyone to renew for ePassport. Foreign embassies strictly require ePassports now. Read the statement below:
According to the DFA,
“Per the regulations of the DFA and the standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), all non-machine readable passports may no longer be extended beyond October 31, 2015 and must be completely phased out by November 24, 2015,”
All Filipino nationals holding Machine Readable-Ready Passports (MRRP; green passports) and Machine Readable Passports (MRP; maroon passports) will no longer be allowed to apply for an extension of the validity of these passports after October 31, 2014,”-DFA statement
Renewing passport nowadays has less hassles because there are only few requirements and the processing is amazingly fast. You don’t need to bring passport sized photos anymore. Also renewing passport is faster than applying for one the first time, simply because your details are already stored in the DFA database. The staff will just check them and update them in case there are new info to update about you – ie: change of marriage status and surname for females.
Passport Renewal Requirements 2019
- Personal Appearance of the applicant
- Application form (download it here)
- 1 Government issued ID (if without gov’t ID, see list of acceptable IDs here) – original and photocopy
- Old Passport – original and photocopy pages 1,2,3 (amendment)
- PSA Birth Certificate – original and photocopy (if old passport was issued May 1995)
- Processing fee (see list below)
Regular Processing – P950 – 15 working days
Rush Processing – P 1200 – 7 working days
For minor (below 18) personal appearance of the applicant and either 1 of the parents
Passport Renewal Procedures:
Passport appointment or walk-in appointment:
- If you are in a rush or emergency, you can apply to renew your Philippine passport at the DFA office in your region. They are commonly serving first-come-first-served basis and you don’t need to get an appointment online via this way. UPDATE: As of now, only selected DFA offices now allow online appointment
- If you are not in a rush, you can make a schedule online to get an appointment. Some DFA branches listed below offer that service now. Although they are the ones who give the date of your appointment (it may be weeks from now or even a month depending on the number of applicants). Once you have appointment, arrive on that date and you can process your passport faster.
DFA Branches with Passport Online Appointment System
- DFA Angeles – Marquee Mall
- DFA Antipolo – SM Cherry Foodarama Marikina
- DFA Bacolod – Robinsons Bacaolod
- DFA Baguio – SM City Baguio
- DFA Butuan – Robinsons Butuan
- DFA Cagayan de Oro – Centrio Mall
- DFA Calasiao Pangasinan – Robinsons Calasiao
- DFA Cebu – Pacific Mall Metro Mandaue, Cebu
- DFA Cotabato – Mall of Alnor
- DFA Aseana
- DFA SM Megamall
- DFA Robinsons Novaliches, Quezon City
- DFA Robinsons Galleria
- DFA Ali Mall Cubao, Quezon City
- DFA Metro Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa
- DFA Manila – SM City Manila
- DFA Davao – SM City Davao
- DFA Dumaguete – Robinsons Dumaguete
- DFA General Santos City – Robinsons Gen. Santos
- DFA Ilocos Norte – Robinsons Place, San Nicolas
- DFA Iloilo – Robinsons Iloilo
- DFA La Union – Manna Mall San Fernando, La Union
- DFA Legazpi – Pacific Mall
- DFA Lipa – Robinsons Lipa
- DFA Lucena – Pacific Mall
- DFA Pampanga – Robinsons Starmills San Fernando
- DFA Paniqui Tarlac – Waltermart
- DFA Puerto Princesa – Robinsons Palawan
- DFA San Pablo – SM City San Pablo
- DFA Santiago, Isabela – Robinsons Place, Santiago, Isabela
- DFA Tacloban – Robinsons North Abucay
- DFA Tagum – Gaisano Mall
- DFA Tuguegarao – Regional Government Center
- DFA Zamboanga – Go-Velayo Building, Veterans Ave.
UPDATE: As of 2019, only selected DFA offices listed above allow online appointment. You can check out your DFA branch if they also allow online appointment.
The first thing they will do is gather and check your requirements. Then you will pay for the processing fee at the other window. Next they will get your biometrics, signature and photo. You’re done. Simple as that.
Just get or claim your passport on the date stamped on your receipt. What if you can’t come on that date? No worries, you can still claim your passport by going to the DFA Releasing Area and show your valid IDs and receipt. You have at least 6 months to claim it otherwise, it will be disposed.
If you have questions regarding passport processing, feel free to leave your message at the comment section below.