We already discussed when is the right time to sell stocks, now we are here to discuss how to sell stocks online using COL Financial as our online trading platform. There are also other options for online brokers and selling stock may apply the same.
When our stocks have reached our Target Price or Target Period, it is an alarm that we should sell them. We shouldn’t wait for anything else or follow our instincts or anticipation that the stock price would go higher than price the right now, we simply push the SELL button when we reached our Target.
Unless of course, there is a very reliable valuation reason the stock price would climb up more. More often, we sell anyway.
The only certain thing about the stock market is that prices change every now and then. As passive investors, we shouldn’t lose our focus on following our strategy no matter what. We are passive investors, we are not gambler, and we are not greedy. We stick to our plan because we have faith that we are reaping profit soon.
Often it takes only few months when we reach our Target Price especially if you use Fantastic 5 Stocks of DailyPik or their Flipping Method.
If you have Target Time rather than Target Price, you will be seeing much money you gained at some point. It would take few years to build that plenty of income. Nevertheless, it would take much discipline and patience.
So when our Target happened, it is the moment we’ve been waiting for.
How to Sell Stocks Online Using COL Financial?
- Log in to your COL account and go to your Portfolio.
- Choose the stocks you want to sell and tap the red SELL button. In this sample, I’m selling my 1,500 shares from LRI.
- Type in the Price you want to sell your stocks. You can bid for the highest amount among the values appeared from the BID column. Take note of the Ceiling Price coz we are not allowed to sell beyond that price. Type in the number of shares you want to sell.
- Tap Preview Order. You’re going to see here the information, amount and fees associated with your sell order. Place Sell Order by typing your password (see figure above).
- You will receive a Confirmation about your order at the next screen like this:
- That’s it. You will see if your Sell Order has been executed by going to Trading History and typing the code of the stock you sold. In the screenshot below, my 1,500 shares have been sold successfully.
Your income will be credited to your account when your sell order has been executed. It’s usually just after few seconds especially if you’ve chosen the price from the Bid board. In the screenshot below, the money was credited to my account and it reflected in my Cash Balance automatically. I can now use that money to buy other stocks.
What would you do with your profit? It’s up to you really. If you’re like me following Magic 10 strategy, I always use the money to buy other stocks that are included in Magic 10 stocks.
Want to learn more tips and easy guides?
To learn more about investing in the stock market, go to our Stock Tutorials Page and Complete Guide.