The following are the best UITF in the Philippines in 2021. The data includes a complete list of best performing UITF for equity funds, balanced funds, bond funds, and money market funds.
If you have Unit Investment Trust Funds (UITFs), you must be updated with the periodic ranking of UITF to know how your investments performed in the last months, quarter, or period compared to other UITF.
What is UITF?
UITF stands for Unit Investment Trust Fund. UITFs are pooled investments of different funds, companies, corporations, invested and diversified to other investments, stocks, bonds, securities, money market, and other funds managed by fund experts and fund
UITFs are regulated by the BSP (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas). That means you can open or start your UITF investments in your local bank in the Philippines.
Are UITFs the same as Mutual Funds? To answer that, please read “Mutual Funds vs. UITFs – Similarities and Differences: Advantages and Disadvantages.”
Benefits of Investing UITF in the Philippines
- Expert Fund Management
- Regulated by the Central Bank
Why should You Invest in UITF?
This question is always asked so many times on the threads and forums, so it will be great to share the answers in this post.
Suppose you have extra bulges of money and want to invest them to earn some cash (higher than Time Deposits), and you are aware of the risks involved. You phone your banker and ask about any investment product that could give you that. In that case, they will surely give UITF as one of the options.
Unlike Mutual Funds, UITFs are now easy to open. The Philippine National Bank (PNB) started the UITF Online account opening in the Trust banking empire.
Eventually, other commercial banks like BDO, BPI, Metrobank, and other leading banks offer UITF through online banking. We can now open these investments online and enjoy paperless transactions.
As long as you have an existing bank account and available funds on your online banking, you can open or enroll your UITF and redeem or withdraw your funds from it.
How to Choose the Best UITF that is Right for You?
To choose the best UITF suitable for an investor like you, you must know your investment goal and risk appetite. Decide by knowing your main objective. Why do you invest? Do you want to grow your capital for a long term, or do you want to invest for a year or two?
Likewise, you must know how much risk you can tolerate for your investment. How comfortable are you about market uncertainties, economic slowdown, and possible losses with your investment?
Best UITF in the Philippines in 2021
Top-performing UITF in the Philippines. Data will be updated every quarter. Data is based on YOY (in the last 12 months) ROI.
The financial market’s performance was not impressive in the previous year because the global market declined due to the pandemic and Fed hikes contributed to the fall of investments. But the economy started to recover with mass vaccination and re-opening of many businesses.
Financial experts and investors are still confident about the future growth of the economy, which will eventually lift other businesses and investments in the country.
Top 15 Best Performing UITF Equity Funds in the Philippines in 2021:
- Manulife American Growth Equity Feeder Fund (Php Unhedged Class A) 40.10%
- PNB High Dividend Fund 18.02%
- Security Bank Peso Equity Fund 15.46%
- UnionBank Peso Equity Fund 14.22%
- Manulife Asia Pacific REIT Fund of Funds (Php Unhedged Class I) 14.12%
- RCBC R25 Dividend Equity Fund 13.92%
- BDO ESG Equity Fund 13.81%
- China Bank High Dividend Equity Fund 13.39%
- Manulife Asia Best Select Equity Fund (Php Unhedged Class A) 13.14%
- Security Bank High Dividend Peso Equity Fund 13.06%\
- PRUInvest Peso Dynamic Equity fund 12.49%
- Manulife Asia Pacific REIT Fund of Funds (Php Unhedged Class A) 12.47%
- Bank of Commerce Diversify Dividend Focused Fund 11.82%
- AB Capital Equity Fund 11.61%
- RCBC Rizal Equity Fund 11.57%
Top 15 Best Performing UITF Balanced Funds in the Philippines in 2021:
- Manulife Global Preferred Income Feeder Fund (Php Unhedged Class I) 11.83%
- UnionBank Peso Balanced Fund 10.72%
- Manulife Global Preferred Income Feeder Fund (Php Unhedged Class A) 10.13%
- Robinsons Bank Balanced Fund 8.13%
- AB Capital Balanced Fund 7.60%
- China Bank Balanced Fund 6.86%
- BDO Peso Balanced Fund 5.98%
- RCBC Rizal Balanced Fund 5.93%
- Landbank Growth Fund 5.35%
- BPI Invest Balanced Fund 4.92%
- Robinsons Bank Tax-Exempt Retirement Fund (A Balanced UITF) 4.54%
- CTBC Bank – ATRAM Philippine Balanced Feeder Fund 4.53%
- Metrobank Metro Balanced Fund 4.09%
- Metrobank Metro Aspire Balanced Feeder Fund 3.45%
- UCPB Balanced Fund 3.32%
Top 10 Best Performing UITF Bond Funds in the Philippines in 2021:
- Manulife Asia Dynamic Bond Feeder Fund (Php Unhedged Class A) 6.25%
- UnionBank High Net Worth intermediate-Term Peso Fixed Income Portfolio 1.86%
- China Bank Intermediate Fixed-Income Fund 1.83%
- UnionBank Peso Tax Exempt Fixed Income Fund 1.81%
- Manulife Stable Income Fund (Class I) 1.34%
- BPI Invest Premium Bond Fund 1.19%
- UnionBank Peso Fixed Income Fund 1.16%
- Manulife Income Builder Fund (Class I) 1.10%
- Metrobank Metro Max-3 Bond Fund 1.01%
- Metrobank Metro Corporate Bond Fund 0.99%
Top 10 Best Performing UITF Money Market Funds in the Philippines in 2021:
- RCBC Rizal Peso Money Market Fund 1.48%
- Robinsons Bank Peso Money Market Fund 1.39%
- BPI Invest Money Market Fund 1.38%
- China Bank Short-term Fund 1.26%
- BDO Short Term Fund 1.24%
- Bank of Commerce Diversify Money Market Fund 1.11%
- AB Capital Short-term Fund 1.10%
- UnionBank Peso Short Term Fixed Income Fund 1.04%
- Metrobank Metro Short-term Fund 0.97%
- Security Bank Peso Money Market Fund 0.97%
Like other investments, UITFs have risks. Make sure you never put your money in one investment. It is essential to diversify your capital and to have regular income sources.
To learn more about UITFs, visit our UITF articles here.
Time is money. The earlier you invest, the more money you will make. Sharing makes blessings. The more you share this post with others, the more blessings will come your way.”Fehl Dungo
Other UITF Guides:
- BDO Easy Investment Plan UITF Review
- How to Redeem UITF Onine in PNB
- Investing 100K in Mutual Fund vs. UITF vs. VUL Earnings
Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only and should not be considered as professional advice or endorsement of a particular investment. Past performances do not guarantee future results. UITF and other assets have risks. Risk only the capital you’re comfortable to lose. Always do your own research before investing your money.