How to get a passport in DFA Megamall and what are the requirements? Since DFA Aseana Boulevard and other DFA offices in Manila and nearby provinces are always hectic, you can also process your passport application – new and renew at DFA SM Megamall.
Passport processing here is also fast because they also have online appointment system where everyone can schedule their passport application and renewal online before going to the DFA personally. All appointments will have their own dates and time of appearance. It also makes the processing more comfortable and smooth.
In this post, I’m gonna share about the requirements you’ll need to bring at DFA at your day of appointment and the procedures of the application. We start with scheduling an appointment online because you need a valid and confirmed date before you file and process your passport.
Schedule for an Appointment Online for DFA SM Megamall
According to the Department of Foreign Affairs, “confirmed appointment is required for all applicants except Senior Citizens, infants and minors below 1 year old, person with disability and OFWs. For OFWs, sufficient proof must be submitted such as a valid employment contract or OEC.”
- Visit DFA SM Megamall website and schedule your desired date. Choose Individual Appointment Process if you’re alone otherwise choose Family Application Form.
- Fill out the application form correctly and completely and download and print your appointment reference numbers. You’ll gonna bring them at DFA Megamall.
Getting a Passport in DFA Megamall
DFA Megamall is open from 10am to 8pm, Monday-Friday and 10am to 6pm every Saturday. It’s advisable to come early before 10am so you’ll finish early. Anyway, there won’t be big problem if you come later as long as it is really your set schedule. Check your day and time schedule on your confirmed reference form.
DFA SM Megamall Address:
7th Floor Megamall Building C
Edsa Corner, J. Vargas Ave.
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Make sure you bring all the application for passport requirements together with your valid IDs, primary documents like PSA birth certificate (original and photocopy). For first time applicants, the original birth certificate will be left at DFA as file copy or reference. For renewal, they only get the photocopies of IDs and requirements. If you didn’t bring photocopies, you’ll need to fall in line to the people on queue who also needs Xerox at the Passport processing section.
How to get a Passport in DFA SM Megamall
- First step is you go to the Attendance Section. The guard will lead you there after checking your application form and confirmed appointment. They will also check your requirements at this time. You’ll have to get your number from the queuing machine. Wait for your number to be flashed on the screen that says “currently servicing.”
- Second step is in Processing Section. Once your number as called, go to the counter/window and the DFA staff will check your application form, mark the important details, check your requirements (if they all tally and if they are consistent), they will also check your IDs if they are valid. Usual primary documents are PSA birth certificate, 2 valid IDs and some supporting documents if needed or if you don’t have any valid ID. It would take 2-3 minutes on this section. Once you’re Okayed, you need to sign the form and choose if you want a Rush Processing or Regular Processing.
- Next is your way to the Cashier to pay your chosen (regular or Rush) passport processing fee.
- Last step is encoding and data and biometrics capture
How much is the passport processing fee in the Philippines?
- Regular Processing Fee P950
- Rush Processing Fee P1200
- Appointment on Saturdays are charged P1200
- Additional P120 if you want your passport to be delivered
During Encoding Section and Data Capture, you have to check and double check all the details encoded for your passport personal information. Make sure they are accurate and correct or else you’ll have big problems such as applying again. You will also have your photo captured at this time and your finger prints (biometrics) scanned and signature taken. By the way, don’t wear earrings.
You’re done. Make sure you have your receipt with you before you leave DFA because you need it to claim your passport on the releasing date. The date is stamped on the receipt.
You may also like:
If you wanna say something about passport application and processing, leave them at the comment box. Cheers!