Getting a Postal ID in the Philippines is simple and easy. You can have it in 2 days if you want a rush processing. In this page, I’m gonna share how to get a postal ID and what are the requirements and how much you need to pay and the procedure in getting one.
UPDATE: Philpost announced the New Postal ID Card system. Go to this article to get the new Postal ID –> New Postal ID Requirements and Procedures
Postal ID is an alternative Identification Card especially for those who don’t have acceptable valid IDs here in the Philippines. Usually, government acceptable IDs are considered valid IDs in all transactions including bank account opening, office and agencies transaction and many other office matters. Some people have no single ID at all so they get Postal ID as a last resort.
Postal ID verifies and proves postal address and identification of the ID holder. The Philippine Postal Corporation (a.k.a. Philpost) is the authorized office responsible in issuing this type of ID to all Filipinos. So if you want to apply one, go to the nearest Philpost Office in your place or town. They are usually at your Local Municipal’s Office.
Postal ID Requirements
- Application Form – 2 copies (download it here)
- 3 pcs 2×2 Colored Photo –White Background
- Latest Cedula (not needed if minor)
- Barangay Clearance
- Original Copy NSO Birth Certificate or Birth certificate Authenticated by the LCR (Local Civil Registrar) – if applicant has negative or no BC, see notes below.
- Original Copy of NSO Marriage Certificate or that authenticated by LCR (for married female applicants only)
- Original Copy of CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) – for single applicants
- Application Fee and Processing Fee (see lists below)
Plus any of the following:
- Valid NBI Clearance or Certification from the Barangay Captain that Applicant is a Bonafide Resident of the Barangay together with the photocopy of the valid ID of the Barangay Captain
- Original Copy of Police Clearance
- Employee / Company ID if employed or certification from the employer with the employer’s valid ID
- School ID if student or Certification from the Principal or School registrar, together with their photocopy of the valid IDs
Postal ID Application Procedure
Go to the Philpost Office near you and file your application for postal ID. Submit all the documents required and pay the application fee. Sign the documents and your ID. Please make your signature similar to all the signatures you use/sign on all your ID cards. That way you can avoid inconsistency.
Postal ID Renewal Requirements
Postal ID can be renewed once they expired or you have changed your postal address. Make sure you bring all necessary documents when you renew including the mentioned requirements above or proof of your new address.
How much is Postal ID application fee?
You may need to pay separate fees in getting required documents like NSO birth certificate, Cedula, Barangay Clearance etc. if needed.
For applicants without Birth Certificate, they can submit the following plus the mentioned requirements above.
- Certification of No record from the LCR/ Negative Certification from the NSO
Plus any of the following documents:
- Baptismal Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Permanent Elementary School record 137-E (Form 137) – Original and photocopy
- Marriage Contract of parents issued by the LCR or NSO or Marriage Contract of the Applicant if married
- Certificate of live Birth Duly signed and properly filled up (typewritten)