How to Pay SSS Contributions Using PRN Generated Form. Follow these easy guides. This year 2019, SSS (Social Security System) now requires the use of PRN meaning, Payment Reference Number, in paying SSS contributions regularly. The purpose of this is to for real-time processing of contributions. See the exact circular below.
Per SSS Circular Number 2017-010, effective last year, SSS implements electronic Collecting System (e-CS) to facilitate real-time recording and posting of SSS contributions and payments. For individual members including self-employed, voluntary members and OFWs, one of the requirements is the mandatory use of PRN (Payment Reference Number) in the payment of contributions through SSS payment centers or SSS bayad centers.
How to Pay SSS Contributions Using PRN Generated Form / Receipt
I’ve been to SSS recently to pay my quarterly contributions but they now require the use of PRN generated receipt. Many members were asking about SSS PRN registration and what forms to be used, etc. The e-Center department gladly assists members wanting to know how to use PRN.
Thought to share this guide how to generate the SSS PRN to be used for payment of SSS contributions. Follow the guides below.
Before you log in to SSS online, make sure you have already registered for your SSS online account. To do this, please go to the SSS website and sign up for your online account or if you want, you can visit SSS e-Center and ask for assistance regarding the online registration. Make sure you prepare a valid email address and your chosen password. Also bring your ID.
Once you have an account online, proceed to the next steps below:
1. Log in to your SSS account
2. Select the Payment Reference Number (PRN) Tab on the blue menu
3. Your PRN info will appear on the screen. Check it out. The window will display your PRN, membership type, applicable period, monthly contribution, total amount to be paid and the due date or deadline you need to make the payment.
4. Once you are sure the information is correct, tap the Print Statement of Account (SOA) tab. In case you want to change or edit the applicable period, amount of monthly contributions and membership type, you can tap Edit SOA instead.
5. Once done, the system will generate a form for you which you need to bring and submit to the SSS payment center when paying your SSS contributions.
That’s it. So simple and easy right? You can also bring and present your PRN generated form at any SSS accredited bank partner when paying your SSS monthly contributions. The old payment forms are no longer accepted because you need to register your PRN when those forms were still accepted. But by next month, SSS will start accepting only PRN generated forms online especially with employers.
Make sure you don’t miss any month unpaid to maintain your good active status. The use of PRN makes posting of SSS contributions in sync because it’s real-time posting. If you check your actual premiums using your SSS UMID card or online account, you’ll see the posting automatically.
To sum up this process, follow the steps below.
How to Pay SSS Contributions Using PRN
- Log in to your SSS account
- Choose PRN (Payment Reference Number) on the tab
- Check your PRN details
- Print your Statement of Account