How to get a Japan tourist visa in the Philippines? Filipinos love to travel and Japan is definitely listed on their bucket list. Definitely cannot miss a Tokyo drift. If you want to apply for a tourist visa in the Philippines to travel Japan, you must prepare the requirements listed below. Recently, everyone was thrilled of the great news about the 3-year and 1-year multiple entry temporary visitors’ visa the Japanese embassy is now offering to eligible Pinoys. I am sharing the requirements for the multiple entry visa too.
I was lucky to have been given a 5-year Multiple Entry visa for my first time Japan visa application. Read my blog about “How I got My Japan Multiple Entry Visa in One Shot”
Visa application and processing is done via agencies accredited by Japan Embassy in the Philippines – meaning the applicant doesn’t need to go to the embassy anymore except when there is a request such as a personal interview by a consul. Usually, Filipinos applying for a temporary visit visa in Japan are required to apply through these agencies except those that are required for direct application such as: diplomatic visa, invitation by Japanese government, education and cultural exchange program, scholarship sponsored by Japan, joint venture or member of Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the Philippines, humanitarian related cases and custody cases of Japanese child.
Japan Tourist Visa Requirements for Filipinos and in the Philippines
If you are a Filipino tourist planning to visit and travel the beautiful Land of the Rising Sun or you are visiting a friend or a distant relative, you must prepare the following original documents. Make sure these documents are latest and are valid.
- Passport (with at least 2 blank pages)
- Visa application form
- 4.5cm x 4.5cm photo with white background (to be attached on the application form)
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- NSO Marriage Certificate (if married only)
- Daily Schedule / Itinerary in Japan (TAIZAI NITTEIHYO) – grab a sample here: Japan Schedule of Stay and Itinerary Sample
- Photos or documents to prove relationship (if you are visiting a friend only)
- Latest Bank Certificate / Bank Statement
- ITR Form 2316 (Income Tax Return) – original and photocopy
- *Invitation Letter from a Guarantor in Japan with handwritten signature (not needed if you’re on a package tour)
- *Residence Certificate of your Japanese Guarantor (only if you have a friend in Japan who will support your living expenses in your travel)
- *Guarantee Letter (only if you have a guarantor/sponsor)
- *Income Certificate (from City Hall) (SHOTOKU SHOMEISHO) from City Hall, Tax return certificate (NOUZEISHOMEISHO: form2) from Tax office, KAKUTEISHINKOKUSHO HIKAE or Bank Certificate (YOKIN ZANDAKA SHOMEISHO)
The last 4 Japan tourist visa requirements are optional and are applicable only if you have a guarantor or sponsor in Japan. To know more about your situation, just phone your local agency. You may also submit additional documents to support your application and visa processing – to prove economic and social ties with the Philippines, medical certificate, wedding invitations etc.
How much is Japan tourist visa fee?
As of now, it’s “gratis” meaning once your visa is approved and granted, it’s free. Yay! However, you may need to pay some fee on the agency where you have processed your application, around P900 or more.
What if your visa was denied? Can you apply again?
If your visa was refused and denied, you can apply again after 6 months.
Japan Visa Application Procedure:
You must be there at your chosen accredited agency early in the morning around 7am because schedule of acceptance of applications starts only from 8:40 to 9:40 a.m. weekdays. Assuming you have all your documents and requirements prepared and your visa application was filed, you’ll be issued a receipt containing the date when you can verify the status of your application. Should there be additional documents requested, they will also be noted in your receipt. Keep in touch with your agency regarding the status of your visa.
3-year or 1-year Multiple Entry Visa Japan Requirements
3-year or 1-year Japan Multiple Entry visa can be applied by Filipinos who are:
- Employed with sufficient financial capacity to support their travel and living expense in Japan
- Applicants with travel history or with a temporary visit visa in the past 3 years without any law violation during their stay in Japan
Japan Tourist Visa Requirements for employed applicants:
- Application Form
- Employment Certificate
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Valid IDs to prove residence in the Philippines
- Cover Letter why you need a multiple-entry visa – sample cover letter here: Japan Tourist Visa Cover Letter Sample
Tourist Visa Requirements for applicants with previous travel in Japan
- Passport new or old to prove previous travel in Japan within the last 3 years
- Bank Certificate
- Valid IDs or documents to prove residence in the Philippines
- PSA Birth Certificate
- PSA Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Explanation Letter why you need a multiple-entry visa
Wanna say something about tourist visa for Japan? Share your thoughts by commenting or simply like this on Facebook, Twitter and your other networks.