Updated LTO Student Permit License Requirements 2018. If you are applying for LTO student permit or license, the complete requirements you need to submit are listed in this page. This article is applicable for both Filipino citizens and foreigners wanting to register a student’s driver’s license in the Philippines. Follow the procedures in this post.
As usual, my tip whenever you go to any government office or agency, avoid Mondays and the tenth of the day of each month as they are usually crowded. Arrive as early as 7 a.m. When we applied for our driver’s license, we came at the LTO center before 7 a.m. Guess what, there was already a long queue of applicants. Make sure you bring any food to grab a bite and a bottled water coz you never know when hunger strikes.
How to Apply for LTO Student Permit and License
To apply for LTO student permit and license, you must meet the following qualifications.
- Must be at least seventeen (17) years old
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate and drive a motor vehicle
- Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English or the applicable local dialect
- In addition, for foreigners, the applicant must be eighteen (18) years old and must have been in the Philippines for at least one (1) year from date of application.
LTO Student Permit License Requirements 2018
If you meet the qualifications above, then gather the following documents for your LTO student permit license requirements. You can get a medical certificate at any licensed clinic or medical center near the Land Transportation Office as they are usually located nearby.
As mentioned, the lists below are applicable for both Filipinos and foreigners.
- Duly accomplished Application form for Driver’s License (download LTO student permit form)
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- If below eighteen (18) years of age, original copy of parental/guardian’s consent with original and photocopy of one (1) valid government issued ID containing the signature of the consenting parent/guardian
- Medical Certificate issued by any licensed practicing physician stating that the applicant is physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise stating his/her impairment.
- In addition, for foreigners, original and photocopy of passport with entry date of at least one (1) month and visa duration of at least one (1) year from date of application, or if born in the Philippines, present original and photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
LTO Student License Price
LTO student license price of getting this permit is P317.63 as of July 2018.
Getting LTO Student Permit License
Submit your documents to the LTO staff in an assigned window. The LTO staff will them check your documents and evaluate them. The staff will also encode your details in the LTO system upon approval of the officer.
Once approved, they will call you again in another window for photo and signature taking.
Wait a while for your name to be called in another window (Cashier). You need to pay the required fees in this step.
A Student Permit Card with the Official Receipt shall be released to the applicant. You are required to write your name and affix your signature in the appropriate Release Form.
In most cases, the issuance date of LTO student license will also be stamped on the release form.
That’s it. The procedure is simple, yet I suggest allotting a day for the application of your student permit and license because most LTO offices have long lines of applicants every single day. Do not forget for your LTO student license renewal. Good luck!