Updated LTO Student Permit License Requirements 2021. If you are applying for LTO student permit or license, the complete requirements you need to submit are listed on this page.
This article is applicable for both Filipino citizens and foreigners wanting to register a student’s driver’s license in the Philippines. Follow the procedures in this post.
As usual, my tip whenever you go to any government office or agency, avoid Mondays and the tenth of the day of each month as they are usually crowded. Arrive as early as 7 a.m.
When we applied for our driver’s license, we came at the LTO center before 7 a.m. Guess what, there was already a long queue of applicants. Make sure you bring any food to grab a bite and a bottled water coz you never know when hunger strikes.
How to Apply for LTO Student Permit and License?
To apply for LTO student permit and license, you must meet the following qualifications.
- Filipino citizens applicants must be (16) years old and above
- Foreign citizens must be at least (18) years old and must have been in the Philippines for at least (1) month and with a proof of stay for at least (6) months
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate and drive a motor vehicle
- Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English or the applicable local dialect
- Must not have unsettled traffic violation
LTO Student Permit License Requirements 2021:
- Certificate of Passing the Written Theoretical Examination (after attending a 15-hour Theoretical Driving Seminar)
- Filipino Driver’s Manual
- Duly accomplished Application form for Driver’s License (download LTO student permit form)
- Original and photocopy of authenticated PSA Birth Certificate or valid passport
- PSA Marriage Certificate (for married women)
- If below eighteen (18) years of age, original copy of parental/guardian’s consent with original and photocopy of one (1) valid government issued ID containing the signature of the consenting parent/guardian
- Presentation of original and submission of 1 photocopy of valid ID with photo and signature of the applicant
- Medical Certificate issued by any LTO accredited medical clinic stating that the applicant is physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle or otherwise stating his/her impairment
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) if the applicant is employed
- In addition, for foreigners, original and photocopy of passport with entry date of at least one (1) month and visa duration of at least one (6) months from date of application, or if born in the Philippines, present original and photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
As mentioned, the lists are applicable for both Filipinos and foreigners.
If you meet the qualifications above, the next step is to gather the following documents for your LTO student permit license requirements. You can get a medical certificate at any licensed clinic or medical center near the Land Transportation Office as they are usually located nearby.
LTO Student Permit License Fees
How much is getting a student driver’s license in the Philippines in 2021? The breakdown of expenses are listed below:
- P485 estimated cost of medical certificate
- P100 Application Fee for New LTO Student Permit
- P68 Computer Fee
- P150 Student License Fee
Procedures in Getting LTO Student Permit License in the Philippines
- Attend a 15-hour Theoretical Driving Seminar from LTO or any LTO accredited driving schools
- Pass the written Theoretical Driving Examination
- Gather the required documents for the application of LTO Student Permit
- Request for a queue number at the LTO reception
- Fill out your Application for Driver’s License (ADL)
- Submit your accomplished ADL form together with your documents to the LTO staff in an assigned window. The LTO staff will then check your documents and evaluate them. The staff will also encode your details in the LTO system upon approval of the officer.
- Read and understand the Diver’s Road Safety Pledge
- Wait for your queue number to be called on the next window for your photo, fingerprints, and signature capture
- Go to the Cashier window and pay the necessary fees
- Receive your LTO Student Permit and Official Receipt
A Student Permit Card with the Official Receipt shall be released to the applicant. You are required to write your name and affix your signature in the appropriate Release Form.
In most cases, the issuance date of LTO student license will also be stamped on the release form.
That’s it. The procedure is simple, yet I suggest allotting a day for the application of your student permit and license because most LTO offices have long lines of applicants every single day. Do not forget for your LTO student license renewal. Good luck!