Get your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) with the new Balik Manggagawa Online processing System. See requirements listed in this page.
POEA has launched the Balik Manggagawa Online Processing System and I’m sure many OFW are very happy about it. POEA has modernized their online services and this one has been one of their helpful and great features because it makes the processing of OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) much easier, faster and more convenient.
OFWs can now print out their OEC and appointment at the comfort of their own home or anywhere, anytime, provided with access with this amazing online facility.
The POEA has announced in social media that some previously-issued OEC by POLO (Philippine Overseas Labor Offices) have still not been entered and enrolled in the system as this online facility has only had its soft-launch.
As your pad on anything Filipino, we’re very excited about this online service and we would like to give kudos and cheers to POEA for creating this online facility. We are so happy to have the first dibs using the Balik Manggagawa online processing and we’re sharing here a review about it.
Who can use POEA Balik Manggagawa Online Processing?
This online service is available only for OFW on vacation, rehired or returning to the same employer abroad, and with existing records in the POEA database.
That means, if you’re newly registered OFW, you cannot yet use this facility unless you are in the Philippines or somewhere else vacationing and you’re returning to your former boss abroad and you have already registered yourself at the POEA database.
No worries if you are a returning OFW but do not have existing BM records, you may proceed to the BM Appointment page instead for the processing of your OEC as shown below in the latter part.
Balik Manggagawa Online Requirements and Procedures:
- Go to bmonline.poea.gov.ph
- Sign up and register as a new user if you don’t have an online account yet. Don’t forget to tick the box to accept agree with the Terms of Service.
- POEA will email you a confirmation message containing a link. You must go to that link in order to log in at the BM portal using your username and password.
- Enter your last issued OEC Number. If you are a new Balik Manggagawa, you must select the link to set an appointment online.
- Fill out your Personal Data. Required fields are:
- Complete name
- Passport Number
- Passport expiration date
- Visa validity date
- Birth date and birth place
- Civil status and gender
- SSS number
- Philhealth number
- Pagibig number
- Telephone, mobile number and email address
- Mother’s full maiden name
- Name of Spouse
- Double check the info you have entered and click the SAVE button. You can also make edits if you have done some typos.
- Fill out your Contract Particulars. This section includes the following:
- Name of Employer/Company
- Country of Employer/Company
- Address, telephone number and email address
- Salary, currency, and salary period (monthly etc.)
- Position and contract duration
- Last Departure date
- Last Arrival date
- Fill out your Legal beneficiaries and Qualified Dependents
- Proceed to the next step. Enter your expected flight schedule. Note that you should have a valid visa and that your passport must have at least 6 months validity from the date of your departure.
- You will now have to select a POEA branch for your appointment schedule.
- Select the date of your appointment and proceed. A copy of your appointment will now appear. Check everything and print it out. Attend the appointment for your OEC processing in the POEA branch you have chosen.
So easy right? If you are already an existing BM online account holder, you can log in already next time you get your OEC online.