If you are looking for the complete procedures on how to apply for an SSS number online, you are in the right place because we share here the ultimate guide of the SSS online registration process.
The Social Security System in the Philippines launched a special platform designed for better service for SSS members and employers.
Want to get your SSS number for work or employment? Maybe it is your first time working or you are applying for a job.
Many of us will need our SSS Number for a lot of purposes, whether you are a voluntary member, self-employed, employed, employer, kasambahay, household employer, or OFW.
Benefits of SSS Online Registration Process:
Millions of people rely upon online services nowadays, and these million members now have the privilege to transact online. Applying for our social security number for many days is now in the past. Now, we just have to do some simple online tasks to conveniently apply for our social security number.
Requirements in Getting SSS Number Online:
- Birth Certificate
- In the absence of birth certificate, any of the following valid IDs:
- Baptismal Certificate
- LTO Driver’s License
- Philippine Passport
- PRC Card
- Seaman’s Book (Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book)
- In the absence of the above ID cards, or documents, any two of the following documents, both with the correct name and at least one with your date of birth:
- GSIS eCard / Member’s Record / Certificate of Membership
- ATM Card (with cardholder’s name)
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Bank Account Passbook
- Baptismal Certificate of Children
- Birth Certificate of Children
- Certificate of Licensure / Qualification Document from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by National Commission on Indigenous Peoples
- Certificate of Muslim Filipino Tribal Affiliation issued by National Commission on Muslim Filipinos
- Certificate of Non-Availability of Birth Records from the City or Municipal Civil registrar or Philippine Statistics Authority / or National Archives, for the alleged correct name / date of birth
- Company ID card
- Court Order granting petition for change of name or date of birth
- Court Order granting petition for correction of gender, if with erroneous entry of gender in Birth Certificate
- Credit Card
- Firearm License card issued by Philippine National Police (PNP)
- Fishworker’s License issued by Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- Health or Medical Card
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) / Pagibig Fund Member’s Data Form / Transaction Card
- Homeowners Association ID Card
- ID Card issued by LGUs (Barangay/Municipality/City)
- ID card issued by professional association recognized by PRC
- Life Insurance Policy
- Marriage Contract / Certificate of Marriage
- Member’s Copy of Personal Record (SS Form E-1, RS-1, OW-1, NW-1) duly received by the SSS where the correct gender is indicated
- Membership card issued by private company
- NBI Clearance
- OWWA Card
- Philhealth ID card or Member’s Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID card
- School ID card
- Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by POEA
- Senior Citizen ID card
- LTO Student Permit
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) card
- Transcript of Records
- Voter’s Identification card or Affidavit / Certificate of Registration
Some important notes and tips in getting your SSS number online are to prepare your valid email address and documents. You must be sure that your email is active and that you can always access it anytime because it will be your main communication channel with the Social Security System.
The SSS number online registration platform is also designed for first-time applicants of SSS number. It means that if you already have an existing SSS number, you won’t need to apply for another number anymore.
How to Get an SSS Number Online?
- Go to the SSS Number Online Registration page
- Fill out the form with your personal details
- Make sure your email address is active and accessible
- Submit the online form
- Generate your SSS Number
- Claim your permanent SSS Number
How to Apply for SSS Number Online (Step-by-step Procedures with Pictures)
1. Go to the SSS Number Online Registration page
The first step is to visit the SSS Number Online Application page. This is the online facility that allows an applicant to apply for his or her social security number for the first time.
2. Fill out the form with your personal details
In this section, the applicant is required to provide his or her accurate personal information. The Social Security System will keep your profile records on its database. The applicant must certify that all the information provided are true and correct.
3. Make sure your email address is active and accessible
Most importantly, make sure you only provide a valid and active email address because this is where you will receive confirmation from SSS about your SSS Number Online application.
You can also use that email address in registering your “MySSS” account to access and view your SSS contributions online, premiums, loan applications, balances, SSS static info, and employment history.
The email address you will provide in the application is also where SSS will communicate with you. It is also essential when you log in the SSS online inquiry system.
Furthermore, your email address in SSS will also be used when you apply for retirement in the future and when you apply or claim other list of SSS benefits.
4. Submit the online form
Once you checked everything you provided is correct and accurate, proceed to the next step to submit your application form.
5. Generate your SSS Number
After you have checked the information you have provided are accurate, click the “Generate SSS Number” button. You will now receive a confirmation of successful registration of your SSS number on the next screen.
SSS will also email you the result of your SSS number registration. Print it out and bring it to your SSS branch to finally get your permanent SSS number.
6. Claim your permanent SSS Number
After you have generated your SSS number online, it will only be a temporary SSS number until you have submitted the requirements for SSS number (listed above), such as your PSA Birth Certificate or valid ID at your SSS branch office.
A marriage certificate will be requested for married women applicants. Likewise, birth certificates of children will be asked if you listed them as your dependents or beneficiaries.
SSS Number FAQ:
How to get an SSS number online if forgotten?
To retrieve your forgotten SSS number in the Philippines, log in to MySSS. On the dashboard, you will see your Social Security Profile, including your SSS number and CRN. Those details and identifications are permanent.
How to get SSS PRN number online?
SSS PRN is SSS Payment Reference Number. It is generated when the SSS member will be making a payment for SSS contributions, loans, and other fees to be paid to the Social Security System. To get your PRN, log in to MySSS, click “Payment Reference Number” on the menu, then choose “Generate PRN.”