Do you wanna be a member of Philhealth and want you and your beneficiaries avail of the benefits? Know the steps and requirements here either if you are currently unemployed, employed, or an OFW.
Philhealth is the leading health insurance company in the Philippines and it is administered by the government so many Filipinos rely on it so much. The monthly contribution is so affordable and it is the cheapest in the country so being an active member of Philhealth help so much.
Philhealth Requirements for Unemployed Members (Individually Paying Member)
If you are currently unemployed or either self-employed, you can register as an Individually Paying Member. This is also being referred as “voluntary member” by some. To become one, you must submit the following requirements at the Philhealth office near you. If you are a foreigner living in the Philippines, you can also become a member classified under this type.
- PMRF (Philhealth Member Registration Form) – Accomplished and properly filled out. This form can also be downloaded online for free
- Photocopy of NSO authenticated Birth Certificate or valid IDs or any supporting documents to prove identity
- Photocopy of supporting documents for your beneficiaries
- Photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (for foreigners only)
You will then be given and issued your Philhealth Number and will be asked to pay your contributions. Keep your PN because this will be used for life. Make sure you will be paying your premiums continuously to ensure you can avail benefits any time.
Requirements for Employed Members
The requirements for employed members are the same as listed above for Individually Paying Member. Just include your employed status in the PMRF.
Philhealth Requirements for OFW
For OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers), you can register and pay your contributions once you register at the POEA as OFW. Requirements are:
- Supporting documents of beneficiaries
- Any proof of being an active OFW
If you already are a member of Philhealth, you can just pay your contributions and update your status as OFW.
If you are outside the Philippines and wants to become a member of Philhealth, you can just submit the following requirements to any Philhalth office:
- Philhealth Premium Payment Slip (PPPS)
- Photocopy of acceptable valid IDs
- Pay your contributions to accredited collecting agents of Philhealth abroad
Sponsored Members of Philhealth
Philhealth Members Sponsored by LGUs, National Government, congress and Indigents belonging to the lowest 25% of the Philippine population can become Sponsored Members by submitting the usual requirements to their sponsors or at Philhealth office
Philhealth Online Registration is also now serving to cater everyone who wants to register online instead of going to the office or branch.