It’s now easy to register your business name and permit at DTI. In five minutes, I got mine and I will tell you the requirements, steps, and procedures in this page.
Are you an entrepreneur and you want to open your own business in the Philippines? You need to register first your business name at the DTI (Department of Trade and Industry). It is the first document you would need to complete the steps in registering a business. Followed by getting a Mayor’s Permit and complying with tax requirements at the BIR.
DTI Business Name and Permit Registration Requirements
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- 1 valid ID (SSS ID, GSIS, Voter’s ID, PRC license, Driver’s License, Passport or any issued government issued ID)
- Application Form (you can download here)
- Registration Fee per territorial scheme
City/ Municipality P500
Now you ask me what these fees mean. If you want your business name exclusive only to be used within your barangay, then pay only P200. Otherwise, you will need to pay P2000 if you want your business name to be yours only exclusively in the whole country.
- Documentary Stamp Tax of P15 per application
- Your Business Name (Prepare for your business name, think it very well and comply with DTI Terms)
Additional Requirements for those whose Filipino citizenship is acquired by naturalization, election or by any other means provided by law.
Present original and submit photocopy of the following documents:
- Naturalization Certificate or Oath of Allegiance issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- Affidavit of Election
- Valid ID issued by the Bureau of Immigration
DTI Requirements for Foreigners / Foreign Nationals
Present original and submit clear certified copy of the following documents applicable for you:
- Certificate of Authority to Engage Business in the Philippines pursuant to Foreign Investment Act
- Certificate of Authority to Engage in Retail Trader (Retail Trade Liberalization Law)
- Or such other applicable law, as the case may be
DTI Business Name and Permit Registration Procedures
The following are the steps in getting a DTI Business Permit or Registering your Business Name at the DTI.
Bring the requirements and fill out the application form if you don’t have one yet, DTI will provide the form for you. Pay the necessary fees applicable for your business. Wait for few minutes for your DTI business permit or DTI business certificate.
You can also authorize someone to process your business name on your behalf. Make sure you will give him/her an authorization letter and your representative is also required to present his/her valid IDs.
You will also receive an email from the DTI confirming your business registration. Cheers!