It is now very easy to register business name at the DTI. Recently, we discussed hot to register a business name at DTI manually, now we are here to share how to get DTI Permit Certificate Online.
DTI Business Name Registration System (BNRS) allows new and old entrepreneurs to get their DTI permit or certificate online. With this online facility, you can also be able to download your DTI Permit online or generate your DTI certificate to print it. DTI Online program has the following online services for business permit: new application, request for renewal, online payment, download certificate and TRN inquiry.
Tips on How to Register DTI Business Name Online
You must prepare your Business Name first and foremost because this is the most important requirement. You must comply with DTI’s terms and conditions in choosing a business name. Your chosen business name should
- not and will not be used for business that is illegal, offensive, scandalous, or contrary to propriety (e.g. Popoy’s Jueteng Betting Place, Boobs Massage and Spa);
- not the same or nearly the same as an existing registered business, company, partnership, corporation (Securities and Exchange Commission), cooperative name (Cooperative Development Authority); nor it infringes on any trademark, service mark and tradename (Intellectual Property Office (e.g. Anne Dok’s Lechon, Jolibee, Starbax Cafe);
- not composed purely of generic or geographic words (e.g. The Laundry Shop, Bacolod);
- not a name which by law or regulation cannot be appropriated (e.g. OTOP, Intelligence, State College, CALABARZON);
- not used to designate or distinguish, or not suggestive of quality of any class of goods, articles, merchandise, or service (e.g. Best Taho Factory, A-1 Auto Repair Shop );
- not a name or abbreviation of a name used by the government in its governmental functions (e.g. NBI Private Investigation Services, DTI Trading);
- not a name or abbreviation of a name of any nation, inter-governmental or international organization (e.g. Philippine Manpower Pooling Agency, UNESCO Marketing, WHO Health Services); and
- not deceptive, misleading or which misrepresent the nature of business (e.g. ABC Construction Services where nature of business is recruitment, a business name carrying another person’s name).
How to get DTI Permit and Certificate Online
- Go to the DTI BNRS (Business Name Registration System) website.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully and understand them and tap I AGREE.
- Provide your details correctly.
Since you are getting your DTI permit / certificate online, you must choose Download as the method of receiving Business Name document from DTI. You can also choose GCash as the method of payment.
DTI Permit Payment via GCASH:
- If you have log-out to your PBR account, please re-log-in, go to your dashboard and resume your transaction. If not, proceed to the 2nd instruction.
- Click GCash link on Payment Instructions under Step 5 (Summary Page).
- Enter your mobile number that is GCash active and then click transact.
- A text confirmation will be sent to your GCash mobile number. Reply with your MPIN.
- GCash registration is successful if you received confirmation number to your mobile number.
- A pop-up message where you can download a copy of your GCash Official Receipt will be shown. Click Download GCash Receipt link.
- Click Submit button to continue with your registration to other agencies.
How to Print DTI Permit Certificate Online
To print your certificate, please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph/web/guest/registration
- Click for “Download Certificate/Certification” on the side menu.
- Click “I Agree” button on the Terms and Conditions page.
- Complete all fields on the Transaction Information page then click the “Next” button.
- Download Business Name Certificate.