The requirements and procedure on how to get an SSS ID card in the Philippines are listed in this page. SSS ID is one of the most acceptable IDs or government IDs required when transacting anywhere in the Philippines. SSS ID card is an accepted valid ID whenever you go so it is important to have one. It’s free to get one by the way and all you have to do is go to the SSS branch near you and follow the steps below.
SSS has also joined the feature of UMID ID which is a single ID which comprises SSS, GSIS, Pagibig and Philhealth account in one ID. You can use this card in transacting to the mentioned government agencies nationwide. In this page, I’m gonna discuss the regular SSS ID card issued to all SSS members.
Take note that the same requirements and processing is applied in getting UMID card too. When I got SSS ID card, they issued UMID card already. Read this page to know more about how to get UMID Card for SSS, GSIS, Pagibig and Philhealth.
Before you can get your ID, make sure you are already a member of the Social Security System otherwise you cannot proceed. If you are not a member yet, register now for your SSS number and start your contributions.
Advantages of having an SSS ID
- You already have one valid ID you can use for life as this has no expiration date like that of a Voter’s ID
- You can view your contributions anytime to any SSS kiosk just by swiping this ID
- This serves as your main reference and identification when transacting at SSS or any government agency or office
- You can use this ID when applying for other IDs in the Philippines – like passport, driver’s license, Philhealth, Pagibig, TIN, visa, licenses, seaman’s book, and many more
SSS ID Card Requirements
- Fully accomplished application form (E-6)
Any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- Seaman’s Book
If you don’t have the primary IDs mentioned, you may submit 2 of the following documents:
- UMID Card
- GSIS eCard
- Voter’s ID
- Senior’s Citizen ID
- NBI Clearance
- Postal ID
- School ID
- Company ID
- TIN Card
- Pagibig Data Form
- Marriage contract
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate
- Barangay Clearance
- Philhealth ID card
- Driver’s License or Student permit issued by LTO
- Life Insurance Policy
- ATM card bearing your name
- Alien certificate of registration
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate from the office of the Muslim Affairs
Steps in Getting the SSS ID
- Submit the application form at the SSS branch near you for your assessment and verification together with your valid ID or supporting documents (if you don’t have any ID)
- Have your fingerprints and signature taken.
- Then your acknowledgement slip will be given to you by the employee when you’re finished.
- You’re done. Just wait for your SSS Id card delivered to you at your home address.
Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with SSS. This post is for sharing my experience only. If you have personal inquiry about your SSS account, contact the SSS branch near you.