I’m sharing here how to get red ribbon documents from the DFA including the latest requirements, procedures, and fees to pay. I recently red ribboned college diploma, TOR (Transcript of Records), Form 137, and PSA (NSO) Birth Certificate as requested by an embassy.
Why we need Red Ribbon Documents?
Red Ribboned documents are usually requested when we apply for job abroad because some embassies and consulates require our documents to be certified by the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) as authentic and genuine.
How to get Red Ribbon Documents from the DFA?
The procedures in getting DFA red ribbon documents start with the certification and verification and ends with authentication by the DFA. It is also known as CAV (Certification Verification Authentication).
How to Red Ribbon College Diploma and TOR (Transcript of Records)
- Prepare photocopies of your TOR and Diploma in 3 copies.
- Submit them at your College or University Registrar’s Office. They will certify them as true copies.
- Fill up the Authentication Registration Form and other forms the Registrar will give you.
- Pay the necessary fees. Usually P100 but it depends upon your school.
- Then go back to the Registrar to claim your certified TOR and Diploma.
- Go to CHED and present your documents for DFA Red Ribbon purpose. Fill up application for and pay the necessary fees. I paid P40.
- CHED will give you a Stub that contains the date when you can pick up your Red Ribboned papers at the DFA.
Note that my school is a private university. If your school is a public or a state university, I think you can directly go to your Registrar and they will be the one who will do the rest steps for you.
How to Red Ribbon Highschool Diploma and Form 137?
Prepare for your original and 2 photocopies of your highschool diploma and go to your registrar to complete the requirements of DFA for CAV (see them below). There are the same requirements for elementary diploma and form 137.
- Form 137 (Student Permanent Records)
- Certification of Graduation
- Special Order Number (if graduated in a private school)
- Passport size Pictures (2 pcs)
- Fee P100
Go to DepEd and file your docs because DepEd will forward them to DFA for the final process of CAV. Again, they will give you stub when you can claim them at the DFA.
That’s it. I hope you find no hassles and very long processing time from any office you go through this.
Some DFA regional Offices now serve authentication services. I will talk about that in my next post particularly DFA San Fernando, Pampanga in Robinsons Starmills ( DFA Region 3). You can read the post in this page: How to Red Ribbon Documents in DFA Robinsons Starmills San Fernando Pampanga