I’m sharing here how to get red ribbon documents from the DFA including the latest requirements, procedures, and fees to pay. I recently red ribboned college diploma, TOR (Transcript of Records), Form 137, and PSA (NSO) Birth Certificate as requested by an embassy.
What is Red Ribbon Documentation?
Red Ribbon is an informal term used for certification, authentication, and verification of documents which usually stamped with red ribbon. This process of certification is usually done at the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The seal confirms that the documents are true, legitimate and genuine.
Why should we Red Ribbon our documents?
Red Ribboned documents are usually requested when we apply for job abroad because some embassies and consulates require our documents to be certified by the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) as authentic and genuine.
How to get Red Ribbon Documents from the DFA?
The procedures in getting DFA red ribbon documents start with the certification and verification and ends with authentication by the DFA. It is also known as CAV (Certification Verification Authentication).
How to Red Ribbon College Diploma and TOR (Transcript of Records)
- Prepare photocopies of your TOR and Diploma in 3 copies.
- Submit them at your College or University Registrar’s Office. They will certify them as true copies.
- Fill up the Authentication Registration Form and other forms the Registrar will give you.
- Pay the necessary fees. Usually P100 but it depends upon your school.
- Then go back to the Registrar to claim your certified TOR and Diploma.
- Go to CHED and present your documents for DFA Red Ribbon purpose. Fill up application for and pay the necessary fees. I paid P40.
- CHED will give you a Stub that contains the date when you can pick up your Red Ribboned papers at the DFA.
Note that my school is a private university. If your school is a public or a state university, I think you can directly go to your Registrar and they will be the one who will do the rest steps for you.
How to Red Ribbon Highschool Diploma and Form 137?
Prepare for your original and 2 photocopies of your highschool diploma and go to your registrar to complete the requirements of DFA for CAV (see them below). There are the same requirements for elementary diploma and form 137.
- Form 137 (Student Permanent Records)
- Certification of Graduation
- Special Order Number (if graduated in a private school)
- Passport size Pictures (2 pcs)
- Fee P100
Go to DepEd and file your documents. Then, DepEd will forward them to the DFA for the final process of CAV. Again, they will give you stub containing the schedule and time when you can claim your documents at the DFA.
Claim your DFA authenticated certificates by attending your appointment written on the stub given to you by DepEd. Check your document for any mistaken information.
That’s it. I hope you find no hassles and very long processing time from any office you go through this.
Some DFA regional Offices now serve authentication services. Please follow the complete procedures at the link below.