Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
If you have stocks investments in the Philippines, it is important to know the updated list of companies on the Philippine Stock Exchange Index in 2022.
Whether you’re trading in the stock market, investing in mutual funds, or you’re into exchange-traded funds, knowing the latest list will guide your investing journey.
But before that, we will share brief information about the PSE index series.
PSE Index Series:
The Philippine Stock Exchange has 3 Index Series used to measure and analyze the stock market as a whole. It includes:
- PSEI – composed of the top 30 companies selected by the Philippine Stock Exchange
- Sectors Indices – composed of 6 sectors (Financial, Industrial, Holding Firms, Property, Service, Mining & Oil)
- All Shares Index – complements everything and it includes all the common stocks of companies listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
PSEI, the 6 sectors, and All Shares index are used to determine the stock market capitalization, growth, and stability of the most significant companies in the Philippines.
What is PSEI?
PSEI is an acronym referring to the Philippine Stock Exchange Index. It was also known as the Philippine Stock Exchange Composite Index and “Phisix” many years ago. The index is composed of the Top 30 companies listed on the Philippine stock exchange. It is often used as a barometer of the performance of the Philippine stock market.
The companies of the PSE index are carefully selected to represent and analyze the general movement and performance of the stock market in the Philippines.
In a nutshell, PSEI is the benchmark used to measure and scale the performance of the Philippine stock market together with its specific industry sectors and all shares index.
Top 30 Components of PSEI in 2022
The Philippine Stock Exchange carefully selects 30 companies for the PSE Index following strict and expert criteria. It goes through regular adjustments so the composition may change, and a company may enter or exit.
Right as of this date, March 15, 2022, in alphabetical order, the Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEI) constituents are the following:
- Ayala Corporation (AC)
- AC Energy Corporation (ACEN)
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV)
- Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI)
- Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI)
- Aboitiz Power Corporation (AP)
- BDO Unibank, Inc. (BDO)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- Converge Information and Communications Technology Solutions, Inc. (CNVRG)
- Emperador Inc. (EMI)
- Globe Telecom, Inc. (GLO)
- GT Capital Holdings, Inc. (GTCAP)
- International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICT)
- Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC)
- JG Summit Holdings, Inc. (JGS)
- LT Group, Inc. (LTG)
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT)
- Megaworld Corporation (MEG)
- Manila Electric Company (MER)
- Monde Nissin Corporation (MONDE)
- Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI)
- Puregold Price Club Inc. (PGOLD)
- Robinsons Land Corporation (RLC)
- Semirara Mining and Power Corp. (SCC)
- SM Investments Corp. (SM)
- San Miguel Corp. (SMC)
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPH)
- PLDT, Inc. (TEL)
- Universal Robina Corporation (URC)
- Wilcon Depot, Inc. (WLCON)
The Philippine Stock Exchange conducts a semi-annual review of the PSE indices. Any company can be added or removed from the 30 according to the PSE’s comprehensive assessment. The computation and management of PSEI can be seen on this page. The top 30 must comply with the PSE listing requirements.
How many from your stock portfolio are included in the PSE index? Tell us in the comment below.