If your investments involve in stocks, it is very important to know the list of companies in PSEI 2019 whether you’re trading in the stock market, investing in mutual funds, or you’re into exchange-traded funds. The top 30 companies listed in PSEI are listed below:
But before that, let me share a brief info about what PSEI is.
The Philippine Stock Exchange has 3 Index Series used to measure and analyze the stock market as a whole. It includes:
- PSEI – composed of the top 30 companies selected by the Philippine Stock Exchange
- Sectors Indices – composed of 6 sectors (Financial, Industrial, Holding Firms, Property, Service, Mining & Oil)
- All Shares Index – complements everything and it includes all the common stocks of companies listed in the PSE.
PSEi, the 6 sectors and All Shares index are used to determine the stock market capitalization, growth and stability.
What is PSEI
PSEI stands for Philippine Stock Exchange Index. It was also known as Philippine Stock Exchange Composite Index and referred as Phisix many years ago.
PSEI is composed of the Top 30 companies listed in the PSE carefully selected to represent and analyze the general movement and performance of the stock market in the Philippines.
In a nutshell, PSEI is the benchmark used to measure and scale the performance of the Philippine stock market together with its specific industry sectors and all shares index.
PSEI List of Companies 2019
The Philippine Stock Exchange carefully selects 30 companies for the PSEI following strict and expert criteria.
Right as of this date, in alphabetical order, they are the following:
- Ayala Corp. (AC)
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV)
- Alliance Global Group, Inc. (AGI)
- Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI)
- Aboitiz Power Corp. (AP)
- BDO Unibank, Inc. (BDO)
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (BLOOM)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- DMCI Holdings, Inc. (DMC)
- First Gen Corp. (FGEN)
- Globe Telecom, Inc. (GLO)
- GT Capital Holdings, Inc. (GTCAP)
- International container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICT)
- Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC)
- JG Summit Holdings, Inc. (JGS)
- LT Group, Inc. (LTG)
- Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT)
- Megaworld Corp. (MEG)
- Manila Electric Company (MER)
- Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI)
- Puregold Price Club Inc. (PGOLD)
- Robinsons Land Corp. (RLC)
- Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc. (RRHI)
- Semirara Mining and Power Corp. (SCC)
- Security Bank Corp. (SECB)
- SM Investments Corp. (SM)
- San Miguel Corp. (SMC)
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (SMPH)
- PLDT (TEL)
- Universal Robina Corp. (URC)
PSE conducts semi-annual review of the PSE indices. Any company can be added or removed from the 30 according to PSE comprehensive review. The computation and management of PSEI can be seen in this page. The top 30 must comply to the PSE listing requirements.
How many from your stocks portfolio are included in the PSEI? Tell us in the comment below.