The PNP entrance exam online application and requirements are listed on this page. Follow these procedures and requirements for your successful application. The NAPOLCOM (National Police Commission) recently announced that they will now conduct PNP (Philippine National Police) exam.
Online application and filing of examination are now open. So if you want to join the PNP, you must have the following requirements if you are taking the exam this year 2021.
PNP is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height, and educational requirements. For the complete details of requirements, visit this page: “PNP Requirements.”
The National Police Commission conducts two sets of police examinations twice a year – one for those already in the police service (promotional) and the other for applicants who want to enter the PNP. On this page, we share with you about the PNP entrance exam.
What is PNP Entrance Exam?
PNP entrance exam is a set of exam conducted by the National Police Commission for those aspiring to enter the Philippine National Police. Those who passed the PNP exam will be eligible for the appointment to the rank of Patrolman or Patrolwoman, as prescribed under Section 30 of Republic Act 6975, as amended by RA 8551.
PNP Entrance Exam Schedule in 2021
The PNP entrance exam date is on July 31, 2021. Because of the pandemic, it is open only to the following applicants:
- Processed examinees of April 26, 2020, who did not avail the Compute-Assisted Exam (CAEx)
- Applicants who were able to register in the Online Exam Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) but were not processed
- Those applicants in the Wait-lists
Who are eligible to take the PNP Entrance Examination?
According to the NAPOLCOM, applicants who registered in the OLEASS (Online Exam Application Scheduling System) for the April 26, 2020 PNP exam but were not processed and those wait-lists applicants shall coordinate with the Regional Office where they have been registered during the OLEASS.
An applicant who has been issued a Notice of Admission (NOA) doesn’t need to file an application again. Instead, they shall coordinate with the Regional Office where they filed their application for the issuance of their new NOA.
Processed examinees of the April 26, 2020 PNP entrance exam who availed the CAEx are disqualified to the exam.
How to File an Application for the PNP Entrance Exam?
Applicants should file their applications, together with the required supporting documents listed below, on their scheduled appointment dates, personally at the NAPOLCOM regional Office where they are assigned to take the exam. Male applicants must be in proper haircut and well-shaved face.
PNP Entrance Exam Application Requirements:
- Printed Confirmation Letter with reference number confirming scheduled appointment
- Duly accomplished Application Form and Index Cards – you can download NAPOLCOM Form 1-A (here) and Index Cards (here)
- 2 recent and identical 1×1 ID photo (colored) with white background and complete name tag (indicate rank before the first, middle and last name if PNP member)
- Police exam fee of P400
- 1 legal size window envelope with P21 worth of mailing stamps
- Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHED) and Diploma from CHED-accredited schools, state universities and colleges
- Birth Certificate in Security Paper issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified True Copy (CTC) issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA
- For Patrolman or Patrolwoman with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order
- On the exam day, examinees must submit a Medical Certificate at the designated area for the medical team. The medical certificate must be issued by a licensed government physician from the Barangay/Municipal/Provincial Health Office, or other government health monitoring center/office where the examinees reside. It must clearly state that you are COVID-19 free and must be issued within 72 hours before examination day. (Medical Certificate issued by a private health institution will not be accepted).
Qualified applicant will receive a Notice of Admission (NOA) on the day he/she filed his/her application for PNP exam. To confirm status, applicant may verify the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where said application was filed.
What is the Coverage for the PNP Entrance Exam?
The PNP entrance exam is a 3-hour exam with objective types multiple choices with the following coverage:
- Philippine Constitution and History
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgement
- Basic Concepts
- Problem-Solving Skills
What to Wear on the PNP Entrance Exam?
Note that applicants wearing improper attire will not be allowed to enter the examination center. Applicants must wear plain white T-shirt or white Polo shirt, dark pants and shoes.
What to bring on the PNP exam?
- NOA (notice of Admission)
- Pencil No. 2
- Valid ID (with picture and signature) such as SSS UMID or GSIS UMID, voter’s ID, postal ID, passport, driver’s license, PRC etc.
PNP Exam Minimum Qualification Standards:
|Applicant Classification||Age||Educational Attainment|
|Civilian||Not more than 30 years old||Bachelor's Degree|
|Patrolman / Patrolwoman (Temporary)||None||Bachelor's Degree|
PNP Exam Test Centers:
|1||San Fernando City, La Union|
|3||City of San Fernando, Pampanga|
|10||Cagayan de Oro City|
How to know if you passed the PNP entrance exam?
There are 2 ways to know if you passed the PNP exam. The first one is by checking out the posted exam results at the NAPOLCOM One-Stop Shop, 7th Floor NAPOLCOM Building in West Triangle QC. The second one by waiting for your notification. NAPOLCOM will mail the Report of Rating (failed examinees) and Certificate of Eligibility (successful examinees) to your mailing address.