How to get OFW information sheet in POEA online in 2024? Check out the updated guides here. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) has launched an easier and convenient way for the request of OFW Information Sheet for Overseas Filipino Workers and their families.
What is OFW Information Sheet?
The OFW Information Sheet (also known as OFW Information Record) is one of the most requested and most important documents of Overseas Filipino Workers. This document is commonly requested for employment purposes, passport and visa application, availment of OWWA program benefits and reduced travel tax exemption.
In addition, OFW information sheet is also required for loan applications, banking purposes and other government related services the OFW and their families are eligible to avail. Likewise, a certified true copy of the OFW information sheet is often issued on these matters.
OFW Information Sheet Certified True Copy Issuance from POEA
Request for issuance of certified copy of OFW Information Record must be in compliance with RA 10173. POEA strictly remind the public that Certified Copy of OFW Information Sheet shall be used only for purposes permitted by the owner of the information and shall not be used against him/her unless ordered by any judicial body or government agency.
For that purpose, the family members of the OFW (spouse, children, parents, siblings) may request this document on behalf of the OFW and the documents required are listed below.
OFW Information Sheet Requirements
If Requested by the OFW:
- Online Appointment Form
- Valid ID with picture (passport, diver’s license, PRC Card, NBI Clearance, Company ID)
If the OFW himself or herself is the one requesting for the information sheet, he or she must present the above documents required.
If Requested by Family or Relatives of the OFW:
- Online Appointment Form
- Written consent of the OFW for the release of his/her Information Record
- Proof of relationship with the OFW – original or certified true copy of the following)
- Spouse – PSA Marriage Certificate
- Children – PSA Birth Certificate of the OFW’s child
- Parent – PSA Birth Certificate of the OFW
- Sibling – PSA Birth Certificates of both the sibling and of the OFW
- Valid Government Issued ID
How to Get OFW Information Sheet in POEA Online?
- Register for POEA OFW online account
- Make an appointment
- Print 2 copies of the Request for Verification / Certification of OFW Records form or Appointment Confirmation form
- Attend your scheduled appointment
- Present your printed forms at the POEA branch
Getting OFW Information Sheet in POEA Online (Step-by-step Guide with Pictures)
1. Register for POEA OFW online account
Register if you are a first-time user. But if you already have an account or ARN (Appointment Reference Number), log in to your account. Fill out the online application form correctly. Most importantly, provide only true details on your account.
2. Make an appointment
Tick or select the purpose of your request whether it’s for employment, visa application, reduced travel tax, repatriation assistance, DFA, TESDA or OWWA requirement and the like.
Select your desired date and time of your appointment according to the available slots. Complete all the necessary details and choose your schedule carefully.
3. Print 2 copies of the Request for Verification / Certification of OFW Records form or Appointment Confirmation form
The Request for Verification / Certification of OFW Records form or Appointment Form will be displayed on the next page. Read and review all the details carefully. Make sure everything is accurate and in order.
Take note of the Appointment Reference Number (ARN) as this will required when you log in your POEA OFW account online. Additionally, you must also provide your mother’s maiden name, your last name, and maiden name when logging in.
4. Attend your scheduled appointment
Mark your calendar and attend your appointment schedule at the POEA branch you have chosen. Do not forget to bring all the necessary documents required for your OFW Information Sheet request.
5. Present your printed forms at the POEA branch
The final step, once you are at the POEA branch on your scheduled appointment, submit your Request for Verification / Certification of OFW Records form or Appointment Confirmation form at the POEA. Your OFW Information Sheet will be issued to you. Keep extra copies, it’s gonna be helpful.
Downloading OFW Information Sheet
Please keep a copy of your ARN (Appointment Reference Number) always so that you will be able to log in to your POEA OFW account conveniently anytime.
Besides, the next time you will need to get OFW info sheet online, everything will be easier than ever. Keep your ARN and download OFW information sheet if you must. By the way, service centers at SM malls also offer assistance with the OFW Information Record request.
Other purposes of OFW Info Sheet include employment purposes, visa application, reduced travel tax, loan application, burial assistance benefits, insurance, repatriation assistance, legal services, DFA, TESDA, and OWWA program.
Other Helpful Guides for OFW:
- How to Get OFW eCard Online
- SSS Online Payment for OFW Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Apply for SSS OFW Housing Loan
- POEA Balik Manggagawa Online Processing Requirements