How to apply for UK tourist visa in the Philippines? It was my first time applying and I got approved successfully. Now, I’m gonna share with you in this post how to apply for UK tourist visa together with the requirements and procedures with screenshot of how I filled out my application form as well as the explanations.
Every Filipino and Philippine passport holder requires a visa before traveling to the United Kingdom. Do not worry so much because the application for tourist visa for the UK is quite simple and easy. There is even no interview needed in the process unless the embassy requested the applicant for further requirement or questioning.
Note that I’m gonna discuss about getting a tourist visa only. This type of visa is called Standard Visitor Visa. You can apply for a Standard Visitor Visa if you want to visit UK:
- for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
- for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
- for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment
When to Apply for UK Tourist Visa in the Philippines?
According to the UK embassy, the earliest you can apply for UK tourist visa in the Philippines is 3 months before you travel. For example, if you are planning to visit the UK on July 30, you can apply for your tourist visa as early as April 30.
How to Apply for UK Tourist Visa in the Philippines:
- Create your Application Account online
- Schedule an appointment and pay application fee
- Gather the documents required
- Attend your appointment at the UK Visa Centre (VFS Global)
- Submit your documents and printed application form
- Have your photo and biometrics taken
- Wait for the visa application result
Procedures in Getting UK Tourist Visa in the Philippines:
1. Create your Application Account online
Register an account at visa4uk. This is where you will fill out your application form which you need to print out and bring at the UK Visa Centre (VFS Global) This is also where you will schedule your appointment. Sample screenshot below
Input all correct details. Double check everything especially your name and passport details.
Select your visa type
Follow the steps to complete your application. You can go back again to edit your details. Do not CONFIRM your application until you have completed, provided and checked everything and all information needed on the application. Once you have confirmed your application, you cannot go back, edit or change a thing.
Take note of every detail you will provide such as this section:
Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
This will be about other means of income like passive income. In the example given, I have put Yes for Stocks and Shares. I put N/A for the Total Monthly Income from stocks and shares because my income from stocks vary every month. To support this, I attached my Stock Certification from my broker.
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP?
This will be the total expense for your trip in GBP.
The total amount of money you have for this trip.
This will be your total budget for the entire trip so it must exceed the total expense of your trip.
The cost of aeroplane, boat or train tickets.
This will be the cost of your roundtrip flights so the data on your flight reservation must be the same with this amount (in GBP)
The cost of your accommodation.
This will be the total cost of your hotel accommodations. Again, the amount must be similar to the amount from your hotel reservations.
Additional Information part
In this part, you can write everything you want to say you think are important. Tell the consul valuable info they need to know regarding you and your application that were not provided on the previous parts. You can also use this part to explain matters that you think are worth to mention.
2. Schedule an appointment and pay application fee
Select a date for your appointment then pay your application fee. I paid USD 119. Print our your appointment confirmation and application form. You need to bring these documents at the UK Visa Centre (VFS Global).
3. Gather the Documents Required
You can print out the checklist of UK Tourist visa requirements for Filipinos. In my case, I submitted the following (for self-employed applicants):
- PSA Birth Certificate (I submitted a latest one)
- Old Passport with visa and travel stamps
- Bank Statement (latest 6 months)
- Bank Certificate
- ITR (I submitted BIR Form 1701 since I’m self-employed with business)
- DTI Permit (with my name and date the business started trading)
- Mayor’s Permit (latest one)
- Certificate of Stocks Investment
- Travel Itinerary
- Hotel Reservations
- Roundtrip Flight Reservation
4. Attend your appointment at the UK Visa Centre (VFS Global)
Be there 15 minutes before your appointment time. The VFS Global handles visa applications for the United Kingdom and other countries like Australia, Canada, France, and many more. VFS Global is the middle-man for visa applications. They forward the applications and documents to the embassies.
The address of VFS Global in Makati and Cebu are listed below:
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building,
2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop
cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000
5. Submit your documents and printed application form
I submitted original copies of my documents except for the ITR, DTI and Mayor’s Permit. VFS Global offers SMS (P157.50) and courier service (P525) for your visa application.
6. Have your photo and biometrics taken
After submission of documents, wait for your name to be called. You will then enter a room where VFS Global staff will capture your biometrics and photo. This is the last step at the VFS Global. After this, you can go home and wait for your visa to arrive if you opted for the courier delivery of your passport, otherwise, you can pick it up at VFS Global.
7. Wait for the visa application result
I got passport with visa after 15 days because I chose and paid for the regular processing.
Good luck! Comment below if you have any question.
Related articles about traveling the UK:
- How I Got My UK Multiple Entry Visa in One Shot
- UK Tourist Visa Requirements for Filipinos
- London Travel Guide Tips on a Budget